OPINIONS ON CARVINGS: ANCIENT - SPANISH - OR ???

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I reckon all the giant stuff is just made up too, even in the Old & New T. ???
Who knows about the pics, would have to be there, but I wouldn't believe my eyes if...

Wellll.....maybe when you live to be 4 or 500 years old, you probably didn't quit growing until you were 250.....:laughing7: Seriously though, I believe in the giant they dug up in my own neighborhood so I DO believe that very large people once roamed the Earth.

L.C.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Wellll.....maybe when you live to be 4 or 500 years old, you probably didn't quit growing until you were 250.....:laughing7: Seriously though, I believe in the giant they dug up in my own neighborhood so I DO believe in that very large people once roamed the Earth.

L.C.

L.C.

Yeah what if you got a war injury or developed an ailment at 2 or 300, then had to
deal with it for 1 or 200 more years... With what kind of physical therapy available?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I always ask myself where would you bury X stash so nobody would dig it up?

1: Don't put popcorn on the trail leading back to the X marked on the rock.
2: Don't paint symbols on rocks
3: Don't pile rocks up on top of buried X
4: Why tell others about the hidden spot?
5: Couldn't be that valuable where one has to mark the X on the map.

Just :dontknow:and do a lot of :icon_scratch:when it comes to written caches/treasures/mines/hoards on land.

In my humble opinion, the K.G.C. and O.A.K. buried X so that the person who retrieved it had to know what the society wanted the seeker to know or that candidate would never find it. In other words they gave a seeker the desire to investigate and discover the knowledge they wanted them to know and understand in order to decode the symbols, markers and maps correctly. In most cases the masses would walk by them and never recognize the symbol for it's actual meaning, and the ones that do will soon realize upon studying that particular symbol's meaning may be among more than one meaning that exists so it will also require a selection be made with the correct knowledge of how they thought. I believe that is how they know from their graves that it will be found by someone they can trust with it who had slimier knowledge and values. All of that is based on the books, initiations and values that were available to be learned by a man in the 1800's until 1912 or so.

L.C.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boogeyman, do you see a difference between topo maps and this ? We're talking about those who think they see an "x" (or a smiley face, or an arrow, or a squiggle, etc...) on rocks, mountains, trees, etc.. And think they are certain treasure marker symbols. Failing to realize that if you stare at the landscape (or clouds, etc...) long enough, sure: You'll make out random designs (circles, lines, squiggles, etc...). All of which are random (or graffiti meaning nothing), that has nothing to do with treasure.

So I do not know how topo. maps relates to this.
Aw come on Sheldon....... Accomplishing the same thing pointing a direction to (fill in the blank) just using different techniques. They didn't always carry paper so they used "squiggles" on rocks cactus trees etc. to show the way. AAA using paper for the same purpose, same with my "squiggles" on topo maps. Not that hard.....

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
In my humble opinion, the K.G.C. and O.A.K. buried X so that the person who retrieved it had to know what the society wanted the seeker to know or that candidate would never find it. In other words they gave a seeker the desire to investigate and discover the knowledge they wanted them to know and understand in order to decode the symbols, markers and maps correctly. In most cases the masses would walk by them and never recognize the symbol for it's actual meaning, and the ones that do will soon realize upon studying that particular symbol's meaning may be among more than one meaning that exists so it will also require a selection be made with the correct knowledge of how they thought. I believe that is how they know from their graves that it will be found by someone they can trust with it who had slimier knowledge and values. All of that is based on the books, initiations and values that were available to be learned by a man in the 1800's until 1912 or so.

L.C.

Not always had materials available, mostly other than life's experiences,
and what can be learned from other studies, sayings of KGC related some
generous folks have passed on to be attentive. I guess that is sort of like a
brief history introduction, just grasping, trying to realize any clues, motives.
Being fortunate to see comparisons is helpful, though not always explained. :icon_scratch: ??? :dontknow: :sunny:

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... Accomplishing the same thing pointing a direction to (fill in the blank) just using different techniques. They didn't always carry paper so they used "squiggles" on rocks cactus trees etc. to show the way. ......

You ought to come to my backyard and look for treasure. There's scores of curious marks and symbols. Man-made and natural/random.

Eg.: perfect circles (the stepping stones). A turtle (the ceramic sculpture in our gold fish pond). Rectangles (the fence board planks). Some random letters (the tag on the seat cushions to our lawn chairs). Various lines, squiggles, X's, arrows, etc..... All you have to do is use your imagination, and ... you can find many more.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
You ought to come to my backyard and look for treasure. There's scores of curious marks and symbols. Man-made and natural/random.

Eg.: perfect circles (the stepping stones). A turtle (the ceramic sculpture in our gold fish pond). Rectangles (the fence board planks). Some random letters (the tag on the seat cushions to our lawn chairs). Various lines, squiggles, X's, arrows, etc..... All you have to do is use your imagination, and ... you can find many more.

If you live in the foothills, or close to the Sierra's, or even the beaches around
there would be fun to explore. I guess they got 101 all repaired from that bad
sink hole & mudslides awhile back. That area's really nice, what U doing online?
Send address for google map, set up tent & air mattress, clean the pool, lol...

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here he goes... Really!?!? You're going to go all ridiculous to make a point? I can just picture Sheldon er ah Tom standing in a crowd of experts and not so experts proclaiming all the historical info carvings etc is totally wrong! All these markings no matter what use are just squiggles lines and dots who's purpose was / is! Doesn't matter if they're roadmaps to guide people across the deserts, leading to good water or treasure. Because Tom has proclaimed it!

I think you've been driving in circles huffing the dust cloud hoping you hit a light post not an employees car too long my friend.....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Well, no takers on the street or hwy. racin' y'all too busy,
or just gettin' older???

Huh ? Probably no takers because the conversation drifted from supposed treasure signs/markers, to non md'ing/treasure topics.

But if you care to steer the conversation back to squiggles on rocks, I'm game :)

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Squiggly lines, bunny signs, steer down fairy trails...

Sorry, just too boring to continue... Never said no detecting, just
hang a magnetometer out the window while running down the road,
cover some pretty good dirt in a day, lol... 8-)

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Squiggly lines, bunny signs, steer down fairy trails......

Ok. Fair enough. But the scenes in the Raiders of the Lost Ark series of movies were pretty fun. Where Harrison Ford has to decipher cryptograms, landscape clues, squiggles, etc.... eh ? :tongue3:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
That place looks like a good homesite for about a hundred rattlesnakes, give or take ten.

Side of a small hill?

Have to readily agree with both of you based on the looks..
Believe it or not, never even seen so much as a sneaky silent viper...
that is... in the winter/early spring seasons, only been one summer solstice.
Thanks very kindly, for your quick & serious, steep & pointed responses...:thumbsup:
... :sunny: :fish:
:cross: ~:Crosse:~

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I'll bite.
The dark area in the lower center behind the branch- entrance to a cave/tunnel?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions