OPINIONS ON CARVINGS: ANCIENT - SPANISH - OR ???

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You need a dementional reference in the pictures. That old style arch 'cave' is not the type you normally see. How deep does it go? what type of minerals were present,
gold, coal metals, etc? You need to lay out more info to give more meaning to your post. Hay, we are not mine readers too, that is except the dowsers, lol Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 063-1.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
How deep is the tunnel? are there any tunnels that branch off? Look at it this way, that was a lot of work, especially, way back in time. There must have been a reason for it and I think that is what you were looking for. Did they cook in the cave, soot on ceiling? Is the floor solid rock? Perhaps a dug out and refilled area section of floor that hides a cache. That arch style roof is unique in that it requires no lumber, but there is lumber in the ares because you said there were leaves in there. You really have to think and piece this together to come out with a logical conclusion. Just me thoughts, Frank.

Arched tunnel.jpg
I tried to sharpen the inside. there is something on the floor near light.

Arched tunnel2.jpg

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
YOU GOT A HOLD OF SOMETHING THAT I THINK IS REALLY OLD. I have not seen the 'symbols before, thought that symbol on the right looks familiar, almost Egyptian.
You should contact that TV show, America Unearthed. The guy is a rock expert. They might investigate it and use it for a show. Hay, you never know. Frank...
Arched tunnel3.jpg
The photo posting is acting up again so I couldn't enlarge it here.
It says in red. These lines are not natural & on the right symbol.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
attachment.php
Jessie James ! The location of the KGS gold cache! Frank...

fishwhacker

Oct 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool cave regardless. You should bring a metal detector and clean it up a bit/search around. Worst case scenario you find nothing. Best case.. treasure!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it, I have seen alot of caves but I have never seen one shaped that way, for that far. How deep did you say it went? Did I miss that?

Lot of etching around there, takes a little while to do that doesn't it?

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Was the structure mostly naturally occurring?

:coffee2:8-):coffee2:Yes, I imagine it took considerable time to manipulate the medium, and visual images. I wonder if the structure was mostly naturally occurring to begin with, possibly partly washed out in at least a semi arched shape, and partially carved by an ancient ocean's currents... What do you think? Thanks to you that have taken the time to post comments and pics... This thread is still wide open for your valued comments, so don't hold back... :coffee2: 8-) ~: CDS :~

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a fantastic show last night that showed a written language by ancient Irish? people. Looked like hash marks, the theory that they came to America in 400 AD? something like that. It was late, I was tired. lol

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Yes, I saw the show also and those marks on your rock resemble the early Irish markings. I think the show was call, Who Discovered America. It looked like the Chinese really beat everyone. They showed a map that was copied from a map made over 1000 years before Columbus sailed.
That cave is not natural. Water has to have a path all the way thru to cut a tunnel and the tunnel will not be arched at the top. Frank...
Arched tunnel.jpg

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched a fantastic show last night that showed a written language by ancient Irish? people. Looked like hash marks, the theory that they came to America in 400 AD? something like that. It was late, I was tired. lol
Dave 44: Thanks for your response8-):coffee2:... Yes I have that show on DVR, when I can, I'll view it again. I also saw the America Unearthed episode: where they thought there was a chamber in the Midwest, and some others further N/E, with carvings that were made by the Celts (from ancient Ireland)...the carving had a ray of sun enter the chamber, and shine across it, at the right time of year, very interesting!, though I don't know much more, other than similar info on several other documentaries, where there have apparently been various Ancient Cultures, even in different regions of the world, and they had constructed buildings, or utilized natural formations with their marking the solstices and equinox, to the extent of the sun shining through a opening to line up with their precise markings for the season(s). Like the huge stone complex at Chaco Canyon (impressive), ruins of the ancient Anasazi, who left the complex to live in their Mesa Verde cliff dwellings, then eventually apparently left the area. Archaeologists made grim discovery of human bones that had been cooked, displaying knife marks, among the complex. The speculation based on findings that people came from the south of now Southwest US, invaded and imposed their culture of death... another one I need to see again...:icon_thumleft::coffee2:8-) Thanks, ~; CDS :~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems with the evidence of all the other cultures that have apparently been Centuries Ago, in this rich land: It is remarkable, that a lot of the people who had been of the earliest Europeans that settled N. America, are of ancient Gaelic, Celt, Norse, Moors, etc. Maybe some of these people had indeed, also had ancestors that had been through here long before history indicates, scouting for resources and treasure... Maybe not the earliest, as evidence suggests, but they that ultimately got to initially occupy the land, that was then "The New World". Then they proceeded, along with the knowledge and technology gained from Europe and all over the world where they obtained groundbreaking knowledge, to add much fire to the industrial revoloution, it was their destiny, and they fulfilled it, primitive as many of their ways seem to be now.....

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck on figuring out your cave and the area around it. I've been trying to figure out the etched mud mounds in my cave for a long time now here in Tennessee.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck on figuring out your cave and the area around it. I've been trying to figure out the etched mud mounds in my cave for a long time now here in Tennessee.
:coffee2::coffee2:8-) Hi, Limitool: Coffee?... Etched mud mounds...? Cool!...

Thank You Kindly for the best wishes... Wish you the same, it has been fun!...
Good Luck, Be Safe... Thanks, ~: CDS :~ :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave44 I did not see that program but I guess they were talkin about Ogam writing, which has a stem line and hash marks. For the most part, I believe that's mostly tool sharpening marks. However, I have seen an example in Picture Canyon here in Colorado that is something else. I have looked over a lot of Indian petroglyphs and pictographs here in Colorado and Utah and the ones in Picture Canyon stand out as different. Google up the 'Granby Idol' which was found north of where I live and figure that one out. Being from Oklahoma, I am familiar with the work of Gloria Farley. I have seen the Heavener Runestone. It's not Indian and does appear to be very old. Supposedly Viking, but some controversy about it. There is a story that the Choctaw saw it when they first came to the country around 1830 and had no idea who made it. It's not that far-fetched an idea that explorers came here before Columbus and I keep an open mind.

Ole # 7

Feb 13, 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read a story a long time ago about white settlers hearing about Indian legends of a race of white skinned, red-headed cannibalistic people that the Indians eventually destroyed. These white cannibals lived in caves, and the Indians had a hard time with them. Anyone hear about something like that?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:coffee2::coffee2:8-) Hi, Limitool: Coffee?... Etched mud mounds...? Cool!...

Thank You Kindly for the best wishes... Wish you the same, it has been fun!...
Good Luck, Be Safe... Thanks, ~: CDS :~ :thumbsup:

FYI: Not trying to hijack thread but here's a sample. Looks like Runes to me. And the large wavy figure and the small one on its bottom left...?????

Attachments

• Left Side 2 Symbols.JPG
    Left Side 2 Symbols.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 350
  • Closeup 2.JPG
    Closeup 2.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Symbols H L R.JPG
    Symbols H L R.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 395
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I read a story a long time ago about white settlers hearing about Indian legends of a race of white skinned, red-headed cannibalistic people that the Indians eventually destroyed. These white cannibals lived in caves, and the Indians had a hard time with them. Anyone hear about something like that?
:coffee2:8-) Hi, Ole # 7: OK, know where they were supposedly living?... Heard of giants ( maybe up to 12" tall), seen some archaeological evidence of this, elongated skulls, petrified...

Nationally known (back in 60's) THer Dayne Chastain, said they saw evidence of them, 8-12' skeletons stacked in a cave like cord wood, possibly...

Have studied archaeological evidence, and heard theories of giants being offspring of the fallen ones (evil angels), mingling with man? Referred to as "The Geeber", in the Old Testament... Rock Complexes having been found in Texas, and South America... Thanks, ~: CDS :~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions