asked a different way

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you had a atpro and was looking for a up grade and thinking etrac,but for that price you could get a used explorer for going over after the atpro and also you could get a used t2 for relic hunts. What would you do?

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be the best one that came out ,well now another topic lol. I'd say the se or explorer 2

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the se is the most current not intirely sure on that, I have the explorer 2 but I am going to have to get rid of it, as I am hard of hearing and it sounds like a Celtic flute concert lol
But I think it is a great all around machine, I know so little about the t2 that I had to Google it to find out what it is heh.

I need coffee more later.

Mike

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I no people get sick of these post and I went threw this last year when I was going to buy another detector but something came up so had to put it on hold.I decided that I want a warranty so etrac or deus are going to be it.I want a high end detector . Any thought?

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want warranty and service, buy American made. JMHO

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones you don't get with something used unless you buy tesoro. So what you mean is buy whites which I did think of . I now any decent detector will do good if you no it . And I also no that some detectors are the same with more features then another but have a bigger price tag . .plus there is not a detector that can go over eight inches with a perfect I'd righteously in my onion . I understand buy american which I do like tools and stuff I want to last I have a at pro which I'm still going to use I would like something good in iron and better for deeper coins in say woods,old homes, stone foundations, also parks and as far as relics to me is dig anything anyway. In places like woods and such years of leaves build up and stuff is deep so a six inch dept machine won't cut it. I'm new to this hobby also a fast learner.I put the work in in in other words.so the detector I choose I'm doing to have for a long time cause of future expenses so I just want to be happy with it and not have to worry about selling and buying another that's the whole point of this tread now mine lab has a great reputation with happy people .and already tried a f75 so now you no what and why.do l need 3 detectors to accomplish this ,any idea thanks

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I read that . I no tesoro make good units. I'm looking for a I'd unit though it would be great if I could use a at pro in one hand and a sov in the other.that would be ideal but not realistic.OK don't no where I'm going with this. Whites v3i mine lab etrac first to choices deus ctx3030 second

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck buy em all! Whichever one you like the least..send it to meh!
I would seriously say most are close to equal in inexperienced hands, and that's the key to being successful in this hobby, knowing your machine inside and out, once it becomes an extension of your arm and you have learned nearly everything it is trying to tell you, it IMHO does not matter if its an antique, or a modern top of the line unit, only then will you be truly successful, that or get really lucky, if you believe in luck.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice point BC 1969. Can we agree on one thing if your unit ids great at six inches and another ids great at eight which unit would you dig more iffy signals and at what dept

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
My old 1265 is well over 30 years old, no meter, no nothing, just a few knobs, but I know it so well, that 8 out of 10 times I know what is under the coil, and through many many years of trial and error, by raising and lowering the coil I can tell you the depth its at fairly accurately.
To your point, I only dig the clicks and pops, because then I know whatever it is has been down there quite some time, in my experience anyway, which dates back to the late 70's..man I miss those days, I could walk into any park and start pulling mercs and others at 2-3 inches heh...now bleh lol.

Mike

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always think about how lucky them guys were when this hobby got started, and the stuff they would find no matter were they would dig I mean just think of all the gold that was out there at will, well them days are gone now we have to think out side the box more. The irony is when you got all the days to hunt your body might not be up for the task.l don't think a lot of guys around my area swing high end units so just trying to get a edge if there is one .l no what you mean about the clicks well might sound different with my unit, but there so many to dig you be in one spot for ever plus if you get targets hiding under pull tabs or bottle caps or what ever.so just trying to even the odds.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone I didn't realize there was a brands forum in this site. With all the stuff I want to no.thanks to those who replied.gee I was wondering why getting in site here was like finding the first needle ever made in the first hay stack ever built.lol

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Only thing I regret about the early days of detecting for myself anyway, was running full discrimination for the first 5 years or so, sure I would find tons of easy cherry picked silver back then, but that knocked out all the gold, tabs and nickels heh, only found one piece of gold in them days, and only because it was part of a pocket spill at the base of an old maple tree.

Mike

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a lot of things aren't made in USA,but there is a bright side to everything.and the place were things are made most right now will be so polluted. Maybe you can say industrial warfare

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I things aren't made here,but if you buy used it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread