Hair raising experience!

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt in the ocean in the shark bite capital of the world, never seem to give it a second thought until someone plants the possibility in my head. Several years ago I was going to do a solo kayak trip down the Wind River for four or five days. In accordance with the regulations at that time I had to do all of my advanced planning through the Ranger/Park department, no big deal. After I got into contact with them they sent me all the required information, etc., and even a preparation guide, and in that guide, in very BOLD letters it proceeded to WARN me that I WOULD encounter grizzlies. So, I read up on the dangers of grizzlies, even got a detailed book about grizzly attacks, about how they can stalk you and how they have been known to drag folks right out their tents, a lot of hair raising details in all that information. Needless to say, I never did take that trip. Point is, once something has been planted into your head it's hard to shake, especially once you start to entertain all the possibilities.
Yes bigscoop, grizz are larger and more powerful than blacks...but guess which one has mauled or killed or killed & eaten humans?...blacks! Most people mauled is from surprising/being to close...that's why talking loudly (especially around noisy rivers and streams) or bells on your body/backpack work, it gives the bear a chance to 'skirt' you and let you pass by..and you don't even know he's there..unless the wind is right and you've got a good nose! because you can smell'em!...grizz, naturally being larger, smell stronger)..most people killed/consumed don't even know what hit them...never have a chance. The difference of being hunted/food...or just got to close. Always let yourself be known/heard in the bush...just might change a 'life changing event' folks! :) For "Treasure Hunters" anyway! ;)

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes bigscoop, grizz are larger and more powerful than blacks...but guess which one has mauled or killed or killed & eaten humans?...blacks! Most people mauled is from surprising/being to close...that's why talking loudly (especially around noisy rivers and streams) or bells on your body/backpack work, it gives the bear a chance to 'skirt' you and let you pass by..and you don't even know he's there..unless the wind is right and you've got a good nose! because you can smell'em!...grizz, naturally being larger, smell stronger)..most people killed/consumed don't even know what hit them...never have a chance. The difference of being hunted/food...or just got to close. Always let yourself be known/heard in the bush...just might change a 'life changing event' folks! :) For "Treasure Hunters" anyway! ;)

Been around a lot of black bears....they don't bother me, not at all. But a grizz.......:laughing7:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been around a lot of black bears....they don't bother me, not at all. But a grizz.......:laughing7:
I understand, 'sensationalized media' of grizz has/is away's there, while 99% of the time..it's the 'black' that has less fear of man and 'Will/has' stalked,killed and consumed more humans. Only the Polar bear are comparable!...I'm not talking 'out of my hat' trying to 'toot my own horn' my friend..I've worked/hunted/fished/trapped/lived outside in the bush more weeks/months than I can count.. from the Rockies to The Great Lakes all my life. Boy, could I give you a '$#!tLoad' of true stories! Wolves too.;) ha.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever had a owl screech right by your head, while on your way home through the woods in the pale moon light.Me eather!But Jumping turkey out of trees at dusk is enough too make my heart race a little,sometimes a bunch of them will sound like something crashing through the woods towards me.Exspeacialy after seeing sign that there is a bear in the area.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever had a owl screech right by your head, while on your way home through the woods in the pale moon light.Me eather!But Jumping turkey out of trees at dusk is enough too make my heart race a little,sometimes a bunch of them will sound like something crashing through the woods towards me.Exspeacialy after seeing sign that there is a bear in the area.
Yes DI2, how many people I've seen 'jump outta their boots'..because of the Monstrous 'squirrel'!!.. nut/cone hunting in dry leafs!! heh heh. ;)

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Garrett pin pointer. I want a Garrett GTI 2500 or an AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your story sounds somthing paranormal. I have a some what background in paranormal research. High electromagnetic fields (EMF) can make you fill very uncomfortable. Spirits give off high EMF readings. Also, the energy they use is off the electromagnetic field. That is one of the explanations why your detector batteries died. Detectors give out and read the electromagnetic field. So the spirits energy used your battery power to.give them energy. I might sound crazy but that is an explanation.

Also, high EMF readings can make you fill sick, like vomiting sick. Not only that, it can make you fill like someone is watching you. Like what you said in your post. EMF is a very interesting subject.

What your friend told you about that rock he was eating lunch on that sounds like residual energy. Residual energy is something being repeated over and over. Something from the past. So if that was a "bank robbery" it was being repeated from 100 years ago or who knows how long ago it was. If you don't know what residual energy is you can always Google it. Some web page will give a better explanation then I did. LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nuggetdog

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold007, yea, I have an open mind and believe anything is possible.

When I'm out in the sticks by myself I'm fine, for the most part. But there have been times when my imagination gets out of hand and I swear I'm being watch or stalked. That's part of fun, isn't it, heck if ya think about it thats just a normal part of living for most critters.

Paul

Gold007

May 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Garrett pin pointer. I want a Garrett GTI 2500 or an AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold007, yea, I have an open mind and believe anything is possible.

When I'm out in the sticks by myself I'm fine, for the most part. But there have been times when my imagination gets out of hand and I swear I'm being watch or stalked. That's part of fun, isn't it, heck if ya think about it thats just a normal part of living for most critters.

Paul

Yes, everyone experiences these things. Its part of living and knowing that you are alive. Everyone has fear moments.

If you have ever seen the movie "Wrong Turn" you will probably have a ton of fear being out in the woods. Hahaha. Hey, its true. If you watch a lot of horror movies you will probably have more fear moments than average.

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big scoop good point I used to help out at a big old church, its not a church anymore but they still use it.l would cook for functions and do repairs and again a big old church.well half of times I was there I was by myself never had any problem.then I over heard people talking and inquired,they said it was hunted from then on my hair would stand all the time.its a spooky place never bothered me before.but on another note just yesterday.l was out swinging wasn't getting much, came to this old wall/ road, must been a old house at one time next to a river .so as soon as I got near it I noticed a small rake didn't think nothing of it,so went on digging and found some silver, but the whole time I was there I felt seeing some thing out of the corner of my eye. But there was never nothing there. The whole place was weird it was well kept, but there was no path to get to it.there was a house in the distance . But I could not see how they where getting there its like they came from the river, but the river goes up far and is not that deep. I didn't think nothing of it till I got home, but maybe someone was detecting and got spooked . I no guys that have cheap units and dig with them small rakes.I found some cool stuff and going back . Just weird is all. That is the place were I found that pin from wwll. That I posted

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes critters, I was fishing a night with my cousin and a beaver keeper smacking the water scarring the hell out of him.then it was coming up on sure and he freaked out , so i. Yelled come down wins the last time you heard someone getting mauled buy a beaver.two weeks later it was in the paper.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Not screech, but take off and have a string of white s#*t miss my nose about a quarter inch. Regarding the rock and canvass bags, this comes close. My son, age about 8 or 9 and a friend the same age were playing in some rocks just off a county road in the country, near our house. The rocks sort of formed a fort, which is a boy magnet. There was a very small corner of a plastic tarp showing in a dirt area between the rocks in the inside "fort" area. Pulling on it, they uncovered two compressed blocks of pot about the size of 50 lb salt blocks for cattle. The deputy came out, said thank you very much and loaded it in the trunk of the cop car. Who knows what happened to it after that, for all I know, the cop might have sold it. That's the closest to buried treasure I've ever come to.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not screech, but take off and have a string of white s#*t miss my nose about a quarter inch. Regarding the rock and canvass bags, this comes close. My son, age about 8 or 9 and a friend the same age were playing in some rocks just off a county road in the country, near our house. The rocks sort of formed a fort, which is a boy magnet. There was a very small corner of a plastic tarp showing in a dirt area between the rocks in the inside "fort" area. Pulling on it, they uncovered two compressed blocks of pot about the size of 50 lb salt blocks for cattle. The deputy came out, said thank you very much and loaded it in the trunk of the cop car. Who knows what happened to it after that, for all I know, the cop might have sold it. That's the closest to buried treasure I've ever come to.
Hahhaa!! BM,..Priceless!!! :laughing7::laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a tree stand deer hunting at the corner of a woods next to a cut corn field one evening, huge old barn comes cruising in and lands on a limb in the tree just across from me, maybe 8 feet away or so. Now this thing was straight away from me, facing right at me, those big eyes burning holes right through me. About every 5 minutes he'd swell all up, spread out his huge wingspan as he leaned slightly forward and he'd scream at me with a bloodcurdling screech. Then, just like that he'd settle back into just eyeballing me again. After an hour or so of this you start to get a little uncomfortable with the whole affair, you start wondering what's going to happen if Mr. Bighorns enters the cornfield and you have to stand up to get a shot? Is all hell going to break loose with Mr. Bigeyes? Now I can't translate owl but clearly he's been trying to tell me something every five-minutes or so, but what, exactly? Was he waiting for my beard to move so he could pounce on it? Imagine trying to explain to the ER doctor how you suffered that broken hip and mauled face, "I looked away to draw my bow and steady my aim on Mr. Bighorns when I was suddenly attacked by a huge owl. Honest, that's what really happened. Scout's honor." These are the type things that the mind can start to entertain once the notion plants the seed. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread