cz20 repair

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Fisher has been bought by First Texas and unless you're the original owner, the lifetime warranty doesn't apply. Looks like you're gonna have a repair bill. :(

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
What a bummer , I bet you paid a good price for the cz20 too . Have you contacted the seller about the problem ? What was their feedback rating ? If their rating is good they may try to make it right . If they won't work with you you can always leave them negative feedback + let everyone know they lied to you . :(

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as any repairs to CZ20's, Fisher of First Texas will not repair them under warranty even if you are the orginal owner. If they are talked into trying it, the price is near the cost of a new detector. Never buy a CZ20, new or used. An I still own mine an will whine when it too dies.

This is one of the reasons not to buy from someone you can't see and talk to that has a store front business. Everyone wants to save a nickel and ends up spending a buck.

If the deal is to good to be true, it probably is.. :'( :'( :'(

T

treasurejack

Sandman...I just talked to a Fisher rep recently, I was told I'm covered? Seems not everyone is being told the same thing?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be true. Some orginal owners that need repair get it on the CZ20 if it is a factory defect. If however you need repair for frayed wire for example, the cost goes up. I've seen some of the letters from fellow hunters. Maybe other owners will tell of their problems.

I just hope mine doesn't break. At least I have great back up detectors.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
rybikowsk said:
Just got a cz20 from a person on ebay. He lied, the detector needs repair, I sure could use some advice.thanks.michael :-[ :-[ :-[
If you bought it with a credit card, call your bank and file a chargeback. If you used paypal, contact them also. If the seller listed it as in working condition, you should be able to get your money back.

HH 8) surfrat

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Did you get a manual with it?Are you familiar with that detector? Sure batteries are installed correctly? Why not state what is wrong and maybe someone on here can help???

OP
OP
R

rybikowsk

sandman, I was not trying to save a buck, I could not find a new cz 20 anywhere I went to my local dealer no luck there I have a cz6a
which is a land version of the cz20,the person on ebay did not have many sales listed the ones that were were rated ok.I payed eight hundred dollars for this detector, It looked new but the disc knob and shaft had no right or left stop the knob just kep turning with no response. my cz6a disc has a stop both right and left, and works great. I do not expect free warrenty work, I am willing to pay for the work if I can find someone to do it. also the ten inch coil looks as if it were rebiult at sometime. the filler in it is very poorly installed so much so that a proper coil cover will not fit on it.when it arrived I noticed that the seller had got it at kellyco. If I had known that I would not have bid on it. I know some of you think kelly co is fine, but I have had problems with them in the past. thanks everyone for responding to my posting, if anyone can reccomend a repair place I would be in your debt. thanks. michael rybikowsky

CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definately don't roll over here, Michael. You were ripped off and E-Bay doesn't like when that happens. File a claim through them and they will put pressure on the seller.

OP
OP
R

rybikowsk

good news the seller refunded my money. he thought he had bought a brand new detector from kellyco, instead of what he got
he is going to be contacting them.carpe deum. michael

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread