Disappointing hunt today.

BladeRunner2019

Dec 22, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been planning on hitting a shallow section of a river and finally got the opportunity to go today. There is a park there and people have swam in that area for years.

It was… a big disappointment. Not only was there a ton of trash (I expected that), but the digging was very difficult due to all the river rock. I’m sure there are good targets to be found, but I couldn’t go into the deeper water because I was using only rubber boots.

On a positive note, on the way home I stopped at a house across the street from an interesting looking lot and asked the lady if she knew who might own the land. At first she didn’t seem like she wanted to answer, but then she said she owned it. I asked if she minded if I metal detected sometime and she said she didn’t care but didn’t think I would find much. I know there used to be a small country store on the lot, so I’m hoping that could lead to something being there.

I told her that my wife had a great aunt that used to live in the house and asked her if she knew my wife and she said “yes, she is my cousin.” Turns out I had met her many years before at a family gathering.

I got a future hunting area so the day wasn't a total bust. :)

For the “too long, didn’t read” crowd, here is the short version. :laughing7:

River hunt sucked. On the way home, stopped and got permission to hunt a lot where a small country store used to be.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your new spot and you got out so any chance to hunt is a good day.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey the day did not turn out bad at all..Good luck..HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread