Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Museums are a great source, one can usually get photo copies made from their maps....

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Archer,

I usually search all the key words I can on several internet search engines. Then look for a real map store. Not Wallyworld, but a true map store. If you have one anywhere within driving distance, they are gold mines. Go in person and talk with them. They may not have what you are after in stock (not a lot of commercial viability), but they know where to get them. It is well worth the price they charge for this service. Also, don't forget historical topo maps from USGS. They show buildings, mines, caves, old trails and roads, etc.

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
historicaerials.com they have aerial photos of regions as early as possible and topo maps for anything earlier. they also have nice overlay (slide) feature to compare what was then to now. Also has a lat/long feature. drag cursor over location and will give you lat/long you can put into a gps unit (I use Delorme PN-20 for hiking and geocaching).

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
inbox.com/OldMaps Hay, this was just above your post in the heading. Frank...
PS: I have found a lot of good ones in the Library of Congress on line hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread