Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Waiting on my Fisher F2 to get here!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kalan's Findings

While waiting on my detector to get here in the mail I scoped out a location I'd like to hunt. An old park with a small farmers market. A few baseball fields, couple swing sets, many picnic benches, and they use the farmers market in the spring time. while I was there I decided to walk around some of the locations of the park I thought people might gather, in search of anything I might find. Realized right away the park is a bit trashy. I spotted plenty of pull tabs, bottle caps, and foil. Among all this I did find what I consider my very first treasure, my initiation in the hobby(:laughing7:somehow without using a detector:laughing7: ), my inspiration, my fuel to find what treasure lies ahead in the many years to come! "BEHOLD" a 1964 Lincoln! ha I know its not much but I can just feel the joy and the humor and the satisfaction of finding a piece of 50 year old history. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I find my first old silver!​
102_6632.JPG

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go and now the addiction to detecting and finding goodies is on HAPPY HUNTING.

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While waiting on my detector to get here in the mail I scoped out a location I'd like to hunt. An old park with a small farmers market. A few baseball fields, couple swing sets, many picnic benches, and they use the farmers market in the spring time. while I was there I decided to walk around some of the locations of the park I thought people might gather, in search of anything I might find. Realized right away the park is a bit trashy. I spotted plenty of pull tabs, bottle caps, and foil. Among all this I did find what I consider my very first treasure, my initiation in the hobby(:laughing7:somehow without using a detector:laughing7: ), my inspiration, my fuel to find what treasure lies ahead in the many years to come! "BEHOLD" a 1964 Lincoln! ha I know its not much but I can just feel the joy and the humor and the satisfaction of finding a piece of 50 year old history. I can't imagine what I'm going to do when I find my first old silver!​
View attachment 940865

And a fine Lincoln that is!! At least the older cents don't blow up like popcorn and self-destruct after a couple years like all these modern Stinkin' Lincoln zincs. I know you'll love the F2. It's not complicated, and has pretty much a turn-on-and-go capability, so you'll be finding things the first day. Just don't get frustrated with all the junk, and for the first while just dig the high tones until you get accustomed to the machine. Pretty soon you'll be down there hitting some of those gorgeous white sand beaches!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first find with out your detector! Now you have the first penny to pay off your detector!
You are in for a good time MD'ing! GL to you and HH!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Katlin; Way to go. Just think. If you did not have your detector in your hand you would not have spotted that penny. COOL. Next find, a Spanish Reale. !!! Welcome to the World of Detecting. May God grant you a life time of great finds. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rediscovered

Hello again and thank you all for your encouragement.
I find that everywhere I go now, I'm searching the ground for coins lol. Today while taking the dog on a walk to the waters edge I found a USPS mail box key and a couple of modern pennies.

Back at the house, while rummaging through a junk drawer I discovered and old worn coin. All the memories began to rush in.
I remember finding this coin years ago. :hello2:"OH the Exceptional Joy that ran thru my veins that day!?!":hello2:

My first Buffalo Nickel
:headbang: Buffalo Nickel Indian head.JPG Buffalo Nickel.JPG :headbang:

This being said maybe my fascination with treasure hunting began long ago and is resurfacing after all this time haha.
come to think of it I've always been a fan of the movie The Goonies lol​

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Head up it will be there soon.:hello:

OP
OP
K

Kalan850

Greenie
Jan 31, 2014
Ft Walton Beach FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gearing Up

Well from the tracking information I received, turns out my F2 will be here on Wednesday!
I bought it used from a person on the forum that goes by the name "devilpookie". The setup is coming with: the detector, the stock 8" coil, and the 4" sniper coil. so far I have acquired a couple tools in hopes to aid in my hunting. one being a steel trowel with rubber gripped handle. I've put an edge on it and bent the top ridges down to create a surface to force the trowel into the ground. The second tool is a 1/4 to 3.5 mm headphone adaptor. Since the setup did not come with headphones, now I can use a couple pairs I have around the house. Still throwing the idea around of getting a pro pointer. I've read some great reviews about them, but the they seem a bit pricey. Also considering some rechargeable batteries from Amazon.
!Come On USPS!​

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I pulled my first silver, it literally took my breath away, it will be an awesome feeling for you... as for the pro-pointer, save up for it, highly recommended.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread