"WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE POSITION"

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Re: "WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE POSITION"

Actual sign on a church readerboard- "The best position is on your knees!" So it must be true.

I switch around a bit to alleviate any unpleasant afteraffects. First one knee, then the other. Sometimes I even stretch out a bit before I start, helps keep you relaxed and limber. Wearing kneepads doesn't seem at all comfortable to me.

Oh wait, we were talking about digging, right?

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X

Both knees/kneepads

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II

This may be the most misleading thread ever..... ::) ::)

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Putting this "thread" in a different context and I have laughed my.....off...HH and yep..i wear knee pads and stay down for as long as I can...that way I can take a break..lol

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thanks for the replys,sorry to mislead anyone ::) ::) ::) and ;D ;D ;D

t.p

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other

i wwas hesitant about reading this post or responding i am shy , and blush easy however i use my right knee, being catholic helps i am used to it , i cannot recommend laying on the ground as that didnt work for me 911 was called to the playground i hate sirens HH JIM

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Due to my inflexible back from the accident I had, I have to get down on both knees to dig. This is usually not a problem except in planted hunts where speed is of the essence. I use my detector as a crutch to help get back up but one day I'm going to snap a shaft or bend one I am afraid. I plan on getting one of those small relic shovels to see if I can stand up and do a lot of my digging in the future. Only problem I see with them is that the handle is too short and you wind up bending over to dig anyway. May try to find a way to build a lightweight extension for the handle? Any Ideas? Monty

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Monty said:
Due to my inflexible back from the accident I had, I have to get down on both knees to dig. This is usually not a problem except in planted hunts where speed is of the essence. I use my detector as a crutch to help get back up but one day I'm going to snap a shaft or bend one I am afraid. I plan on getting one of those small relic shovels to see if I can stand up and do a lot of my digging in the future. Only problem I see with them is that the handle is too short and you wind up bending over to dig anyway. May try to find a way to build a lightweight extension for the handle? Any Ideas? Monty

Have AP make ya a 3 foot diggin tool!

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE

I get in a dog style and start digging the hole When i get close to what i am after i get up on one knee when i finilly get it out i get up on both feet and wipe it with a towel.

Jolly Jim

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Fisher 1280X

For tall guys like me, I've found (or made) shovels or sand scoops long enough to keep me on my feet as much as possible.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use a sharpshooter shovel for digging, stand all I can, bad back for years, If I see a rusty relic I usually use my foot, sometimes get on my knees.

Fossis.......................

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
I get in a dog style and start digging the hole When i get close to what i am after i get up on one knee when i finilly get it out i get up on both feet and wipe it with a towel.

You went there... :D

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll never tell............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions