Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: "WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE POSITION"

To save my back and me knees, I use a pad or knee pads to go to my knees, that way I take the pressure off my knees by squatting.

K

Kentucky Kache

That's sorta personal, isn't it? ;D

ernie

Jun 11, 2004

being short and a very heavy guy i wear kneepads and get right down on my knees even did when i was younger made my wife mad as i wore the knees out before i started using the pads.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

It just depends. If I'm in a hurry, then I'll bend at the waist. If it's shallow then I'll go down to one knee and if it's really deep, then I get down on both knees.

Jeeze tin, are you writing the Kama Sutra of Metal Detecting?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Boy... I couldnt click on this post fast enough! ;D

What a disappointment... ;)

Both knees, no pads, get up very slow because my right knee bothers me a bit... my back is fine.

Depending on what I find... sometimes I dance the "happy jig" after I stand up.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab

I've always been a down and dirty person, so I only use a trowel and cutting tool, and get down on my knees everytime.
I recently got a pair of kneepads, and they make a world of difference!

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006

I get down on my knees. I have two pair of pants that I use only for metal detecting so I don't care how muddy they get. My back is bothering me now and I may not get out when the snow melts.

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I have a tag along cart on wheels, 2'x2'x2', with the lid being a seat. Begin the day bending over, then to knees for a short while, then the cart is my saviour. I can sit and dig with no problems. It adds several hours to my hunting day :D

And it hold all detecting supplies & a small Pepsi cooler for drinks and snacks. I drag it up and down hills, into the woods, and on the beaches; wouldn't leave home without it!!!!!

M

MiniMe

Whoo :o this one scared me a little....I was a little apprehensive about opening this one....thought you were going in a different direction, LOL. Never bend over to dig....not good for the back at all.

S

stefen

I bring Cristina along to do the diggin ;D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lets just start with a BIG ;D . That said. I used to wear knee pads and get down to dig. I use a relic shovel in fields and it allows me to stand up, usually get the target on the first dig. If in a park I use a shorter / smaller hand digger but no more knee pads, and still try to stand as much as possible. I know football players seem to do it all the time, but you can only get down and back up off the ground so many times a day.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

One knee down (right). If the dig gets involved, both knees down. I blasted my left knee in a car accident and it don't take to prolonged or repeated kneeling on). I have soft foam knee pads with hard plastic faces and I usually wear one or both.

Sometimes I just squat.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

most times on my knees (with pads)like I'm praying to Mecca
but on special occasions i lay on the ground

Calworks

Nov 7, 2006

# 92 of the KS, Oh sorry.... :o

If my back lets me I'll bend...mostly I drop on one knee and alternate between knees, as one can't take all the brunt...until I get my scoop its all knees..although my quads protest for several days afterwards

;D

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I start digging on my knees, but I usually end up sitting up my butt if I end up digging very deep

shanko

Dec 6, 2006
Anderson, In.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202

I prefer to drop down on my left knee place my left hand on the ground next to the hole and dig with my right hand. Unless the ground is wet. Then I usually squat like I'm doing a #2 in the woods!

Shanko

K

Kentucky Kache

I hope everyone is talking about digging treasure. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread