Detecting Clothes line question

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This may not even be a question because of the obvious, but I usually find a couple of coins around the clothes lines to houses. I also want to be armed with additional facts when I go looking next time.

My question concerns that sometimes I cannot locate the clothes lines when they have been removed. Do all old houses (1940s or back) generally have a clothes line and where are the places to look? Is there a general rule to where they are? Has anyone found one in FRONT of a house, rather then the back or side? What do you look for if it has been taken down?

Thanks.

-John

OP
OP
Pointman

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems to me, that most times, they parallel a sidewalk out thru the backyard. And most times, the sidewalk went to the outhouse. Not fact, just how it seems to me...

Thanks for the input. These type hints are what I am looking for.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at some old pics, talk to old folks they would know. Would be fairly close to house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread