Excited about my hunt today,Old mountain home plot, hill side and spring.

Rockhoppernc

Jan 17, 2014
Asheville
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a late phone call from a old friend telling me about some land in his family located on the side of a mountain. I had walked this land many years ago and remember it well. 1800's shed still standing and the spring runs across the plot. A small garden and grape vine is behind the creek and Think I remember seeing a nice location for a trash hole and an outhouse was located on the lowest corner of the plot. I already have my gear all laid out and ready, but not going till 2:00 this after noon.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

The other amazing part is if you walk up on the side of the mountain it is a steady incline and as you walk, you can see areas where small fire rings are located in a rock gardens and no evidence of places to sit or even a trail. It is like they were mini fire pits used only in passing. I do know of about 10 of these spots on the hill side. Walking in this area you do get the idea that something went on in this area. lots of rocks and plenty of interesting places to swing my MTD.
If anyone has any input on home plot searching, please let me know.

Please stand by...

Last edited:

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Must be nice, we got 1 inch of solid ice across everything and below freezing highs for the next 10 days, thinking of hunting my crawl space again just to kill the cabin fever...good luck!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
watch for wells!! Anytime you find old homesteads, there will be wells. & a lot of them are not covered or marked! I've come across 3 in the woods that would have swallowed me had I not had the dogs with me.
Have fun, post pics of your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread