Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan1979 said:
Kas said:
Hi Ryan. This might be a funny question, but, How old are you.

I'm 27.

I was courious because if you were younger, in your teens, I would have ponied up the extra money for you to get the 250 if you only had 150.00 to spend. ;D

I gathered your age due to the 1979 tag on your screen name.

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
slowreaper said:
BTW: there is rumors of a milk pail of silver dollars on the property, the owner would want a split if you found that.

Brad

I was wrong it is a 5 gallon cream can not a milk pail, and you do now have permission to hunt there, just give him a call first.

Brad

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
TonyinCT said it perfectly, the ACE is a starter unit. I would suggest starting in places like playgrounds until you grasp what the detectore is saying. Homesteads can be hard to hunt, because most of them are littered with iron trash.

Other questions you should ask yourself are:
What is the resale value of a used ACE 250? And, how much can I afford to spend on a a detector (not, how much do I want to spend)? And last but not least, how much time can I dedicate to learning a mid priced or top of the line detector?

What ever you decide to do, make your chose wisely.

OP
OP
Ryan1979

Ryan1979

Mar 8, 2007
St. Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, ACE250
Thanks everyone. I'm going to buy the ACE250. I just have to save a little while longer. Maybe pick up a couple hours of OT at work, then buy it. Also looks like I have a reason to go up north to Shell Lake too. Thanks Brad, I'll give him a call when I'm set.

Hey Kas, I was just kidding, I'm not 27, I'm not sure how that 2 got in front of the 7. What I meant to type was that I'm only 7 years old. ;) Thanks again everyone.

Ryan

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hey Ryan, I started Mding almost 6 months ago and I started with a borrowed Bounty Hunter pioneer 101...and all I dug was trash. I occasionally dug some clad coins, but most of the time too busy digging trash. I bought an Ace 250 about 3 months ago and I love it. I can't justify to the wife to spend 500-800 bucks on a detector, but I love my Ace and would rather take out the Ace than my old lady, I always seem to have a better time. Do yourself a favor, if you don't have alot of money to spend, don't waste your money on a budget detector...at least buy the Ace 250, it is the best buy in the price range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread