stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks! I haven't been around the online forums much lately since the weather here in Ohio has kept us under for a bit there hasn't been much to post. Over these winter months though I have began some new projects. I have started my own internet radio show called BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND. The show has been based around providing content for this great hobby of metal detecting and treasure hunting in the hopes of inspiring others to get out there and enjoy the hobby as well as inspiring and showing people with or without limitations and disabilities that they too can enjoy this great hobby! If it's tips, techniques, information about the hobby, the great things that others are doing to help people or the things that they are doing to keep the hobby in a good light...I want to know. Feel free to let me know about it.

For now the show runs on Wed. nights at 8PM Eastern time on 1000mikes. Feel free to drop in and listen or even call in! My guest this Wed. Feb. 19th is Keith Wills from WWATS. I even put up archives of previous shows so that if you can't listen live you can still listen to the archive at any point.

Here's the promo for tomorrow night...

Tomorrow night.. Wed., February 19th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure SeekerMy guest tomorrow night will be Mr. Keith Wills. Referred to by many as "The Huntmaster" Keith has been in the hobby for 40 years. He is well known in the hobby and has been in a number of magazines. Many of us may know him from his involvement in WWATS which has fought for detecting rights for many years. I will be talking with Keith about his experience working with special needs children over the last 15 years at the Lions camp for handicapped children. Join us as he talks about this and many other subjects I'm sure. Keith is a wealth of information and is happy to talk about his experiences in the hobby as well as answer questions on many different facets of this great hobby. Check out Keiths website at brokendetector.com for a wealth of information about him and the hobby. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you.Join us live tomorrow night...Call in number is 1-609-961-1842I hope to see you there...call in, interact, or just sit back and listen!Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player tomorrow night...1000MIKES - BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND

Feel free to drop in!

Also if you know of any hunters with disabilities or limitations or anyone who may need a little motivation or inspiration to get out and enjoy the hobby you may want to tell them to check out a new facebook group...Metal Detecting:-Beyond Sight and Sound.

Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• sight and sound.jpg
    sight and sound.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 234
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith Wills tonight folks. 8PM Eastern.

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to technical issues with the broadcaster we have been forced to reschedule the show for tomorrow night Thursday Feb. 20 2014. The guest will still be Keith Wills of WWATS at 8PM Eastern. Feel free to check the archived shows until then.

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crap
I don`t get out of work till 8:30 PM tomorrow night ,and then 1/2 hour drive.I would love to hear Keith talk.I bookmarked your sire..but i don`t want to be a Mike...it`s hard enough being
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to be a mike...anyone can listen. Also don't worry if you miss the show they are archived so that you can listen to them at any point in time. Just go to the page and scroll down below the player...select the show archive you would like to hear and click the listen or download link. If I remember correctly all shows are archived in MP3 format. Hope you enjoy!

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have received news this morning that the issue with the broadcaster has been resolved. Looks like we're going live tonight folks Thursday Feb. 20th at 8pm eastern. Hope to see you there!

Tonight.. Thursday., February 20th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure SeekerMy guest tonight will be Mr. Keith Wills. Referred to by many as "The Huntmaster" Keith has been in the hobby for 40 years. He is well known in the hobby and has been in a number of magazines. Many of us may know him from his involvement in WWATS which has fought for detecting rights for many years. I will be talking with Keith about his experience working with special needs children over the last 15 years at the Lions camp for handicapped children in Kerrville, TX. Join us as he talks about this and many other subjects I'm sure. Keith is a wealth of information and is happy to talk about his experiences in the hobby as well as answer questions on many different facets of this great hobby. Check out Keiths website at brokendetector.com for a wealth of information about him and the hobby. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you.Join us live tonight Thurs. Feb. 20th at 8PM Eastern...Call in number is 1-609-961-1842I hope to see you there...call in, interact, or just sit back and listen!Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player...1000MIKES - BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND

Attachments

• sight and sound.jpg
    sight and sound.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 154
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. That's what the archives are there for. Thanks for checking it out. Remember folks...I'm always looking for good stories, guests, information. If any of you have or know of anyone with the stories, information or anything else of the sort feel free to drop me a line. After all this is basically for the people, by the people and I'm just trying to do what I can to help inform and spread the word.

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow night.. Wed., February 26th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

Hello folks! Everyone loves a little treasure story from time to time right? Tune in tomorrow night...Wed. Feb. 26th...8PM Eastern and see what's happening. My guest will be Jim Fariello, a 50 plus year veteran of the hobby who got his start in 1962 with a D-tex detector and now has the largest research library in the USA for treasure hunting. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you.
Join us live tomorrow night...
Call in number is 1-609-961-1842
I hope to see you there...call in, interact, or just sit back and listen!
Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player tomorrow night...

1000MIKES - BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND

Attachments

• sight and sound.jpg
    sight and sound.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 139
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., February 26th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

Hello folks! Everyone loves a little treasure story from time to time right? Tune in tonight...Wed. Feb. 26th...8PM Eastern and see what's happening. My guest will be Jim Fariello, a 50 plus year veteran of the hobby who got his start in 1962 with a D-tex detector and now has the largest research library in the USA for treasure hunting. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you.
Join us live tonight...
Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player tonight...

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow night.. Wed., March 5th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker Tomorrow night on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND my guest will be Mr. Jeff Curtiss. Jeff got his start in detecting around 1968. Jeff has a vast experience in coins even operating his own coin shop for many years. Join us as we talk about his experiences in this great hobby as well as his thoughts on coin cleaning and preservation. This would be a great opportunity to hear different methods of cleaning. What to do, what not to do or even what dealers may watch for with coins. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you. Join us live tomorrow night... Call in number is 1-609-961-1842 I hope to see you there...call in, interact, or just sit back and listen! Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player tomorrow night... 1000MIKES - BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND

Attachments

• sight and sound.jpg
    sight and sound.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wed., March 12th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

Don't let disabilities "disable" your passion for metal detecting!

Join us Wed. March 12th, 8PM Eastern on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND as Roger Middleton talks about his love for metal detecting and the sense of independence it gives him. Roger had been into this great hobby for awhile, but in 1996 he was involved in an automobile accident that broke his neck and left him paralyzed from the neck down with only the use of his left arm. Roger did not allow this to stop him however and now enjoys the hobby swinging his detector and recovering pieces of history from a wheelchair. That's right folks...it's not stopping him! I look forward to speaking with Roger and encourage you to listen to this inspirational person! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you.

Join us live Wed. night... Call in number is 1-609-961-1842 I hope to see you there...call in, interact, or just sit back and listen! Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player Wed. night... 1000MIKES - BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND

Attachments

• sight and sound.jpg
    sight and sound.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., March 12th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

Don't let disabilities "disable" your passion for metal detecting!

Join us tonight Wed. March 12th, 8PM Eastern on BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND as Roger Middleton talks about his love for metal detecting and the sense of independence it gives him. Roger had been into this great hobby for awhile, but in 1996 he was involved in an automobile accident that broke his neck and left him paralyzed from the neck down with only the use of his left arm. Roger did not allow this to stop him however and now enjoys the hobby swinging his detector and recovering pieces of history from a wheelchair. That's right folks...it's not stopping him! I look forward to speaking with Roger and encourage you to listen to this inspirational person! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you.

Join us live tonight...

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow night.. Wed., March 19th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

Let's talk field hunting folks!

Join us tomorrow night Wed. March 19th, 8PM Eastern.. I will be speaking with Mr. Mike Haer A.K.A. Buckeyehunter. Mike has been in this great hobby since the mid to late 90's. His passion for history and the outdoors got him involved in detecting and eventually inspired him to write a book on various site locations within his home county of Ohio. Mike is also the founder of the Buckeye Treasure Hunter internet forum and a multi-line detector dealer in Ohio. We will be speaking about field hunting, research tips, site observations, and possibly even cleaning methods and techniques for those dug relics! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!

Join us live tomorrow night...
Click the link below to listen to the show, live through the player tomorrow night...

Attachments

• sight and sound.jpg
    sight and sound.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight.. Wed., March 19th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

Let's talk field hunting folks!

Join us live...tonight Wed. March 19th, 8PM Eastern.. I will be speaking with Mr. Mike Haer A.K.A. Buckeyehunter. Mike has been in this great hobby since the mid to late 90's. His passion for history and the outdoors got him involved in detecting and eventually inspired him to write a book on various site locations within his home county of Ohio. Mike is also the founder of the Buckeye Treasure Hunter internet forum and a multi-line detector dealer in Ohio. We will be speaking about field hunting, research tips, site observations, and possibly even cleaning methods and techniques for those dug relics! Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!

Join us live tonight...

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just discovered this resource!

Great site, check it out!

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you enjoyed the show!

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow night.. Wed., March 26th, 2014...8:00 PM Eastern Time... BEYOND SIGHT AND SOUND....with Josh Kimmel A.K.A. Treasure Seeker

Back to field hunting folks!
Join us tomorrow night Wed. March 26th, 8PM Eastern.. Back by popular demand so we can take care of some unfinished business! That's right folks...I will be speaking with Mr. Mike Haer. Last weeks show was just not enough time to cover everything (is it ever). There were many more aspects that Mike and I wanted to cover to get some additional information out there so here we go again folks! Mike, Terry, and I had a real blast last week so strap in for Field Hunting PT. 2! As with my previous guests both Mike and Terry know they have an open invitation to drop in anytime and talk with me about all aspects of this great hobby and I'm sure I will be hearing from them both in the future either together or independantly. Tune in folks! We hope to hear from you!
Join us live tomorrow night...Wed. March 26th, 8 PM Eastern

Attachments

• sight and sound.jpg
    sight and sound.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 82

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was great! Thank you.

I'll be listening Weds!

OP
OP
stringfrenzy

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used