Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II
Fisher F2
BH Landstar
Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's new TRX Pinpointer

White's has announced a new pinpointer the Bullseye TRX available Feb 20th and shown on their website, but I can find virtually no other info on it.
I think their marketing department really dropped the ball.
They should have a company video on Youtube, should have pre-released some units to testers for review, and should have posted info on this forum and their own forum prior to ever posting the TRX on their website. That's Marketing 101 folks.
If anyone out there has heard anything or seen a pre-release unit, I and many others would surely like to know about it.
I certainly hope they made it waterproof.
That's what most Propointer and Pro-Find users have seemed to be requesting for some time, and at this late stage in the game, I think its the only way to break into the established market of Garrett and Minelab.
I know KellyCo has also released a new Pinpointer (The Vulcan 360), and it seems to me everyone is trying to play catch-up to Garrett and Minelab, but at this point I can see no reason to retire my Pro-Find in favor of anything else.

Attachments

• TRX.jpg
    TRX.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 490

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many posts on all the forums. Whites plays everything close to the vest to keep the competition form knowing their plans. They did have testers form their forum and they all signed NDAs to do so from what I gather. The release was leaked about a month ago and yeah I do agree with you but that is how they do things. It is not water proof, but weather resistant. They tired water proof but it was not loud enough. The case is removable/replaceable so they may offer a water proof version in the future if they figure a way increase the sound level. From what testers have posted on their forum it is a large step over any available stand alone PP and will go neck and neck with the Sunray.
Price is $160

BTW I had a short email conversation with whites and here is a snipit of what was said about the Pinpointer and why the do what they do.

As well... to announce a new product prior to it's being available to
purchase is highly disastrous to our business. Typically no manufacture
announces a new product to their retailers until they have thousands of them
available to ship/purchase immediately. Announcing a new product when it is
not available to ship can destroy that products release, acceptance in the
market, and popularity, for years, regardless that it works great.

Last edited:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
There are many posts on all the forums. Whites plays everything close to the vest to keep the competition form knowing their plans. They did have testers form their forum and they all signed NDAs to do so from what I gather. The release was leaked about a month ago and yeah I do agree with you but that is how they do things. It is not water proof, but weather resistant. They tired water proof but it was not loud enough. The case is removable/replaceable so they may offer a water proof version in the future if they figure a way increase the sound level. From what testers have posted on their forum it is a large step over any available stand alone PP and will go neck and neck with the Sunray.
Price is $160

BTW I had a short email conversation with whites and here is a snipit of what was said about the Pinpointer and why the do what they do.

As well... to announce a new product prior to it's being available to
purchase is highly disastrous to our business. Typically no manufacture
announces a new product to their retailers until they have thousands of them
available to ship/purchase immediately. Announcing a new product when it is
not available to ship can destroy that products release, acceptance in the
market, and popularity, for years, regardless that it works great.

Yep, $160, not $150 as leaked earlier. I am just a little less excited after the add-on of 10 bucks. Matter of principle IMPO. My opinion won't slow sales...just sayin

Bullseye TRX Pinpointer | White's Electronics

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
GaryInOhio

GaryInOhio

Feb 19, 2014
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II
Fisher F2
BH Landstar
Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could find NO posts on the Whites forum site about the TRX....zero, zip, nada.
Even used advanced search.
A replaceable case would be an interesting plus.
Why did White's put it on the front page of their web site, if its not ready yet?
Maybe we will see more if they actually hit their Feb 20th release date as specified.
Most manufacturers hype their product before its actual release date, ie. Apple, all cell phone makers, computer makers, car companies, etc., etc.
I too received an email from Whites which in part stated:
"If a person seals off the speaker opening of the TRX (RTV) and then uses
vibrate only, it will then go submersible. No speaker grate could be found
that would allow adequate volume for those who demand audio and still pass
our underwater pressure tests. With speaker active, rain / splash / mud
proof OK, submersion not OK. White's is considering a vibrate only option,
however, at this point pressures to maintain an audio trumps waders."

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread