food will go up in price

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just in case you don't know farmers here in central cali get 0 allocation of water. I know its hard to understand if you don't live here but you will. Its so bad that the west side of the valley is starting to cave in like a sink hole. Many small towns will run out of water in 60 days. I know some ranchers and farmers that will go broke and no return. Its hard to care about disasters unless you live in the area but its that bad. there is no immediate solution so get use to produce coming from other countries

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
People need to start growing a garden if they haven't already. My heart goes out for you guys in the Central Valley. Self Sufficiency needs to have a come back!

mountainman28.jpg

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's around the corner regarding the economy will make the great depression look like a Sunday yardsale.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's around the corner regarding the economy will make the great depression look like a Sunday yardsale.

Agreed. And when everyone starts screaming for help it will get REALLY bad!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just read about that the other day, like 90% of a few dozen vegetables and fruits come from Cali..not good for the folks that can afford to eat healthy.
Is desalination really that expensive ? Seems like a cruel joke to have that big ole ocean right there and you cannot use it.

Mike

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is also a shame that so many young don't even know how to boil water. Not a pretty sight ahead.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Food has been steadily rising here for awhile.Our big store chain sells fruits and veggies from all over(Mexico, Peru, Chile). All t you need is money or food stamps...

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you mean fruits and Veggies don't grow in Super Markets? That's where I always see them.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely going to be a problem……..the west coast is not alone with problems as other major food producers world wide are having problems…..
Don't worry the gov will keep the true inflation numbers hidden from us and put out lies as it has done now for many years……..
Bad enough we have a drought, but we also have the gov providing water for some obscure snail nobody cares about and saying to hell with food……...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living in the west, I'm aware of y'alls water situation, double A. And right, you can't grow much of a garden without water. No water, and huntin and fishin pretty much fizzles out too. We've had a pretty good snowfall which will help out some folks on down southwest but I don't think it will help you guys much. If Kroger buys Safeway, good chance for a rise in food prices as they will control about 60% of the market, and we might wind up havin to pay what they say.

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely going to be a problem……..the west coast is not alone with problems as other major food producers world wide are having problems…..
Don't worry the gov will keep the true inflation numbers hidden from us and put out lies as it has done now for many years……..
Bad enough we have a drought, but we also have the gov providing water for some obscure snail nobody cares about and saying to hell with food……...

Yep, one activist judge has done all of this damage. It just proves that there are consequences to who we elect.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill be the one to say it. When you have a whole valley watering their lawns, filling swimming pools and washing their high dollar cars. Plus bottling companies sucking the aquifer dry to ship to other country for "disaster" aid or out of state, what do you expect? Think of how much water is trapped in plastic bottles sitting in landfills. Enough to elevate most droughts.

Also blame crappy zoning and wastefulness. People are finally starting to see how precious water is. But the real problem Is that 70% of fresh water in the United States is owned by someone, either private companies or government. So how's those lush green lawns and 100,000 gallon pools and hot tubs looking now?

As far as rising food prices, what's new. Go to the store 3 days in a row and watch the flux in prices for stuff that has been in the store for months. How can something you have sitting in the self for 6 months all of the sudden becoming a higher price dye to whatever reason the store wants to say. They raise them at the first of the month because that's when retires, disabled, and the poor get their assistance so they raise prices and its wrong just because its gov money doesn't mean you can raise prices so they end up with less food. Sigh but now that the haves are starting to suffer now they start to care. To many have had it to good for to long. Every great thing must and will come to a end.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill be the one to say it. When you have a whole valley watering their lawns, filling swimming pools and washing their high dollar cars. Plus bottling companies sucking the aquifer dry to ship to other country for "disaster" aid or out of state, what do you expect? Think of how much water is trapped in plastic bottles sitting in landfills. Enough to elevate most droughts. Also blame crappy zoning and wastefulness. People are finally starting to see how precious water is. But the real problem Is that 70% of fresh water in the United States is owned by someone, either private companies or government. So how's those lush green lawns and 100,000 gallon pools and hot tubs looking now? As far as rising food prices, what's new. Go to the store 3 days in a row and watch the flux in prices for stuff that has been in the store for months. How can something you have sitting in the self for 6 months all of the sudden becoming a higher price dye to whatever reason the store wants to say. They raise them at the first of the month because that's when retires, disabled, and the poor get their assistance so they raise prices and its wrong just because its gov money doesn't mean you can raise prices so they end up with less food. Sigh but now that the haves are starting to suffer now they start to care. To many have had it to good for to long. Every great thing must and will come to a end.

Nice rant, that's not government money though. They took it from my left pocket and put it in someone else's.

The timing of the price increase has nothing to do with " government checks".

And those " haves " you dislike so? If they feel the problem you need to brace yourself! Laugh while you can!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that sucks sorry to hear that, but. That's just the tip of the Ice burg. You won't be able to ship any food when the world runs out of oil and we are at peek oil believe in it or not. Those big shipping tankers are powered by fuel. Our tractors are powered by fuel. Unless we come up with a miracle energy source. We won't be shipping any food and we won't be using tractors to farm it. I once heard we ship fresh water from lakes across the ocean to places who will pay for it. This is unnatural and will have bad effects on our fresh water supply. Same goes from taking an entire river and pumping it into a city in the desert. Its unnatural and if nature can't run the way it was designed or the way it developed over time. You will have bad effects. Of coarse people are to prideful and don't think ahead about their great ideas. So we are later faced with these huge problems. Solution ?? Don't mess with stuff....

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peak oil? Wish there was a way to extract more oil and a pipe that could safely and cheaply get it from north to south.

At least until the new miracle energy source is developed? Forcing development won't garantee development, but it could cause a huge price increase in everything.

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sorry to hear that but that goes along with we don't make anything here any more no water we can't grow anything here do you think those other countries will care about us like all are leaders do about them I'm glad I'm on the checking out side of this coin because it doesn't look like it's long for the _it to hit the fan and with young that can't boil water or add where in real trouble enjoy it for as long as it last or you do

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad just turned 90. I wish I were his age. The future would look more promising!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread