Casting great treasure hunters!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, My name is Max Hirshik and I work for a TV Production company casting great treasure hunters who have amazing stories to tell! If you are a miner, diver, metal detector, or any other type of treasure hunter, we'd love to hear from you! Any other information about the treasure hunting community is appreciated, and mods please let me know if this post is appropriate, thanks! [email protected] - Max Hirshik

Hi Max; I am known as BARKER here. I am the Senior Treasure Hunter in my home State of MA. I have over 45 years in the field. I'd be open to discussing your proposal with these conditions :
(1). That there be absolutely no foolishness or stupid behavior to be found in ANY part of your show(s).
(2). That you agree to Post the list of the Treasure Hunting Code of Ethics and make sure that the viewing Audience is made FULLY aware that these Codes are "heavily" followed by those of us who consider ourselves "REAL" Treasure Hunters. That infractions of these Codes are dealt with accordingly.
(3). That you show in your films what us Real Treasure Hunters actually do in order to gain Permission to search the sites we search and how closely we respect local laws.
(4). That you show in your films the true diligence we employ in our quests for treasures regardless of their forms.
(5). That show the real excitement we experience when we make that next find whether it is a Mercury Head Dime or a bar of Gold.
(6). That you can or will agree to, for lack of a better word, compartmentalize each facet of Treasure Hunting in each aspects given area such as coin hunting, underwater searching, BOTH, shallow and deep water versions.
(7). That you show the amount of detailed work we actually do in planning our next hunt such as map reading, phone calls, Land Deeds, PR efforts, and the way we obtain permission for our hunts.
(8). That you show just how closely we work with Law Enforcement to help recover items pertaining to crime scenes.
(9).That you show is as the regular Family type people we really are.
(10). That you strive to show that we "REALLY" do not act like the morons that have "displayed" themselves like they have to date.
(11). That you show "TRUE" values for any items recovered instead of the bloated insane prices we have seen on these shows filmed so far and that "NOTHING" is "PLANTED." in any episode.
(12). That you show just how much we strive to work with the local communities , police, museums and historical societies in the areas we search.

If you can agree with the above Conditions. I myself will make myself available to you as a guide in your current endeavors. To show that I am serious in regards to my above words you may email me "DIRECTLY" at my email address which I will send you.
Please be aware that the "ENTIRE" Treasure Hunting Community "World Wide" is watching you and that I fully intend to make "ALL" things known to them as well for they are my first true love. That in doing so you will then in fact be making a REAL TREASURE HUNTING SHOW " truly worthy of real time Television.
SINCERELY: PEACE:RONB
I await your response.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure hope you aren't holding your breath Barker! :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Max; I am known as BARKER here. I am the Senior Treasure Hunter in my home State of MA. I have over 45 years in the field. I'd be open to discussing your proposal with these conditions :
(1). That there be absolutely no foolishness or stupid behavior to be found in ANY part of your show(s).
(2). That you agree to Post the list of the Treasure Hunting Code of Ethics and make sure that the viewing Audience is made FULLY aware that these Codes are "heavily" followed by those of us who consider ourselves "REAL" Treasure Hunters. That infractions of these Codes are dealt with accordingly.
(3). That you show in your films what us Real Treasure Hunters actually do in order to gain Permission to search the sites we search and how closely we respect local laws.
(4). That you show in your films the true diligence we employ in our quests for treasures regardless of their forms.
(5). That show the real excitement we experience when we make that next find whether it is a Mercury Head Dime or a bar of Gold.
(6). That you can or will agree to, for lack of a better word, compartmentalize each facet of Treasure Hunting in each aspects given area such as coin hunting, underwater searching, BOTH, shallow and deep water versions.
(7). That you show the amount of detailed work we actually do in planning our next hunt such as map reading, phone calls, Land Deeds, PR efforts, and the way we obtain permission for our hunts.
(8). That you show just how closely we work with Law Enforcement to help recover items pertaining to crime scenes.
(9).That you show is as the regular Family type people we really are.
(10). That you strive to show that we "REALLY" do not act like the morons that have "displayed" themselves like they have to date.
(11). That you show "TRUE" values for any items recovered instead of the bloated insane prices we have seen on these shows filmed so far and that "NOTHING" is "PLANTED." in any episode.
(12). That you show just how much we strive to work with the local communities , police, museums and historical societies in the areas we search.

If you can agree with the above Conditions. I myself will make myself available to you as a guide in your current endeavors. To show that I am serious in regards to my above words you may email me "DIRECTLY" at my email address which I will send you.
Please be aware that the "ENTIRE" Treasure Hunting Community "World Wide" is watching you and that I fully intend to make "ALL" things known to them as well for they are my first true love. That in doing so you will then in fact be making a REAL TREASURE HUNTING SHOW " truly worthy of real time Television.
SINCERELY: PEACE:RONB
I await your response.

Me thinks you lost him at Hi Max:laughing7:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry B; I'm a man of my Word. I'll do as I said. But my "FIRST" concern is towards the Treasure Hunting Community as a whole. I won't put up with foolishness ok. Besides, I like breathing. :laughing7: PEEACE:RONB

PS: I want to make it known that I speak for no one except myself regarding the above Post. I truly want to see a "REAL" Treasure Hunting show put on tv to right the past wrongs that have occurred ok. Thanks.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
PS: I want to make it known that I speak for no one except myself regarding the above Post. I truly want to see a "REAL" Treasure Hunting show put on tv to right the past wrongs that have occurred ok. Thanks.

It wont happen.Thats like asking for a Christmas without all of the commercialization B.S.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will do it but have to warn you with my good looks and impeccable southern accent it will not be cheap. I am an "Oh Brother where art thou and Dapper Dan Jed Clampet Crocodile Dundee kinda treasure hunter. I pack a Lesche and know how to use it from zero to twenty feet.

Can not have a feint of heart or slow camera crew. I despise live wrestling and phrases like boom baby boom may mean you are walking home.

You might also have to use sub titles when I speak.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get ahold of that guy in the Philippines that was looking for investors LOL

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watching someone do forensic phase shifting analysis on soil isn't as exciting as it sounds.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting !

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
I have great stories to tell. I've had this hobby since 1986 and love it. I tell my hunting buddy we should be on a show cause we love the hobby and have tons of fun and friendly comrodery. With us it's always a competition to see who can smoke the other with many finds or just an awesome one thing. We are as good as any hunters out there and can prove it. Please contact me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread