If any good comes from this freezing weather...

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking the same thing. The spring ground may be a bonanza for some spots.

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope so, this year has been Way Toooo Long already in New York...Its Cucking Fold !!! Last year I got permission from an Older Man to dig His House He grew up in and He even said every Spring We kids would go out and see what the frost gave us ? He said they always found old large cents , I found a bunch of Wheat's all in Bad Bad shape though... The best thing I found here was a 1942 War Quarter in Great Shape. He was Happy with the New Friend diden't want any of My finds... Think We spent more time talking motorcycles and War than M.D.ing ? lol

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
-18 degrees this morning!!! Lots of snow cover, going to be frigid cold all next week................again, have not been above 32 degrees since Dec. I would be happy to swat some skeeters, about now!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If any good comes from this freezing weather it may be in the form of frost heaves. Maybe some deep goodies will have been brought a little closer to the surface. Perhaps a blessing in disguise for all those who have experienced this years' sucky, cold-ass weather.

-Swartzie

I was thinking the same. This winter is waaaaaaay too cold & snowy! We need some sort of comp dang it! BRING ON THE GOODIES!

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think frost upheaval will be good and push some deep coins up this winter. I can tell by the massive, and I mean massive pot holes in the roads around here, that the ground is reacting in the upward direction for sure.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah 1 of the roads I travel on looks like a bike track with moguls everywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread