EARBUDS -vs- COVER THE EAR HEADPHONES Which Do You Prefer?

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the ear. They pretty much cancel out all outside noises. For me ,it seems I can stasy more focused on the task at hand ,finding cool stuff. I have tried earbuds ,and put them back in the truck after an hour. they constantly were snagging on something .

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What battery savings? My detector has it's own rechargeable battery and for other electronics I use rechargeable AA and AAA. They pay for themselves quickly.

If you use the built in speaker you batteries will need to be recharged sooner.. battery savings as in longer hunting time..

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dark Side of The Moon and "fatties" are still great!
Although, I also dislike cumbersome headphones, buds didn't work for me. I purchased a lightweight set of foldable Koss headphones for $15. They work great.
GL+HH

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Been metal detecting for the last 30 years and using the cover the ears headphones including the top brands like Koss,Gray ghost an Sunray pro in the last 6 months i have been using these Koss behind the head earphones which just sit inside the ear and i tell you that they leave all the other ones that i have been using for dead.
Super clear sharp and has volume control. Don't worry about outside noise because as soon as you go over a target faint as it may be you will hear it. Comfortable ,ears don't sweat and use them all day long without discomfort..

koss.jpg

OP
OP
AusTexDude

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who were concerned about the length of the cord with earbuds, for just $3 you can get a 6 foot extension cord off of Ebay. You could set your detector down on the ground and do a Mexican hat dance if you wanted to. Let's face it... you stumble across a 10 OZ Rolex encrusted in diamonds there may the the need to do a Mexican hat dance. Just sayin...

6 ft 3 5mm Audio Stereo Cable M F Extension 1 8" Cord Mini Jack Headphone 6ft | eBay

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put a set of rabbit ears on your head phones and no one will ever bother you. Works great for me.

Lol! I just may give that a try! A little add reinforcement!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the cord that drives me crazy. I get it hung up in the woods and it rips the phones off my head. Or the cord is to short when I stop to dig a target i have to lean the machine against me.

We flew a plane once that had some bose head phones. The plane was very loud but the bose ear phones blocked out all the noise where we could communicate. I would like wire less head phones like that. Do away with the stupid cord yet block out outside noise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread