IMG_6451.JPG

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a good sign! From my window here where i sit, I can see a robins nest in the crotch of a birch tree. Unfortunately there is a mound of snow on it. ???

mountainman27.jpg

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Point taken ,but last few years they where two to three weeks earlier, its a ray of hope.

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in South Jersey I saw a big flock of them yesterday. At least 40. We are getting this big storm with lots of snow. They are going to have a rough time of it I am afraid.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ye the might just gang up on the leader lol no they will find shelter in the pines.Where going to miss that storm your getting. Thank god.I can't complain I been detecting pretty readily up to three weeks ago.well good luck with the storm, may warm weather follow.

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
The snow has gone down a little in my yard. I can see the the deer are starting to come back.

Attachments

• deeryard.jpg
    deeryard.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 69
OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy if that's a sign of spring , I be on a one way ticket to Florida lol. Kool pic though.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The buds are getting bigger on the dogwood trees,good sign.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The Robins! They came, They saw, they frooze! A bird has to eat almost constantly to maintain his 120 degree body temperature. Frank...
PS: They are eating all the cat food I put out for the strays, but the cats like meat better anyway. Sorry about that!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several months til we see Robins, I'm afraid. But our winter birds, like Cardinals, have just returned to feeders after being gone for most of the winter. Apparently, it has been too cold for them until now. I am hoping that it means we are done with the below zero stuff.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Robins! They came, They saw, they frooze! A bird has to eat almost constantly to maintain his 120 degree body temperature. Frank... PS: They are eating all the cat food I put out for the strays, but the cats like meat better anyway. Sorry about that!

very nice that you feed the strays, Frank. I used to leave out food too, until I saw my very first possum at the cat dish. Didn't even know we had them in Minnesota til then.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice that you feed the strays, Frank. I used to leave out food too, until I saw my very first possum at the cat dish. Didn't even know we had them in Minnesota til then.

That is very nice Frank but you are right Susan,the feed does attract critters. I may have spoken too soon about Spring,the birds are being gluttons here at our feeder and the temps are dropping again tonight.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We've had flocks of Canadian geese flying over for the past three weeks, but I'm not sure if they are coming or going!!!!
Maybe just trying to avoid the storms, I don't know.

We do have a couple of Robins but not many, I have no clue what they are eating, I haven't seen any bugs.

I just want to be able to DIG what the detector tells me is there, so far not happening!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a silly robin show up here a month ago, still hanging around. Over a foot of hard snow and ice on the ground, but the squirrels have started eating the tiny buds on the trees, so I am hoping for a spring thaw soon.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well, Susan, we had opossums here too, but my pit bull can not tolerate them. We are minus 3 so far this winter. PS, the raccoon survived. I have cardinals, bluejays, sparrows and others I don't recognize. They are usually causus and the cats actually don't get them. The cats are grateful for the food and shelters I supply. They leave 'gifts' of mice and birds at my door. I think they are a bit smarter than we give them credit for. Frank... PS: Oh I have 3 buzzards in the barn that keep the place 'tidy'. 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg No, that's a raven, I don't have a buzzard in my internet thumb drive.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
That is very nice Frank but you are right Susan,the feed does attract critters. I may have spoken too soon about Spring,the birds are being gluttons here at our feeder and the temps are dropping again tonight.
The squirrel is gluttons at my bird feeder! Frank...
AA birds fresco.jpg

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
We've had flocks of Canadian geese flying over for the past three weeks, but I'm not sure if they are coming or going!!!! Maybe just trying to avoid the storms, I don't know. We do have a couple of Robins but not many, I have no clue what they are eating, I haven't seen any bugs. I just want to be able to DIG what the detector tells me is there, so far not happening!
I don't know where they are here, perhaps frozen in the ice. I usually see flocks of huge V formations heading north before this time. Frank... Well, you know the old saying, March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. I am looking for the lamb. lol 6 06-1 Yellowstone 119-2.jpg A few butterflys would help also.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The squirrel is gluttons at my bird feeder! Frank.

I used to have a problem with squirrels at the feeders, but solved it by setting up a feeder station just for them. Corn and a small bit of sunflower seed keeps them occupied and away from the bird feeders. My cat, who doesn't go outside, spends hours being entertained by them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread