Baja Peninsula Mexico

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Hey y'all.

I am heading to Mexico, south of San Felipe about midway down to Puertocitos. I'll be there for 60 days with no agenda but to relax and see where life takes me.

I will be well equipped while there (baja truck, side-by-side, two boxes, etc).

Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I have read (very little) about the San Isabel Mission, but know like nothing about it.

Gracias,

Mannings

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The fabled baja missions there (~1600 to ~ 1700's) have been the topic of much lore and history . Not un-like our alta CA missions . And I'm sure they've been clobbered many times by md'rs . Esp. the several that are nothing left but some crumbling walls out in the remote desert .

But the Mexicans are more into cache hunting , not coin hunting . So you never know . A buddy of mine hit one of the more northern ones (within 1 or 2 hrs of the border ), and got a Spanish reale .

Good Luck. !

OP
OP
mannings

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
The fabled baja missions there (~1600 to ~ 1700's) have been the topic of much lore and history . Not un-like our alta CA missions . And I'm sure they've been clobbered many times by md'rs . Esp. the several that are nothing left but some crumbling walls out in the remote desert . But the Mexicans are more into cache hunting , not coin hunting . So you never know . A buddy of mine hit one of the more northern ones (within 1 or 2 hrs of the border ), and got a Spanish reale . Good Luck. !

Thanks Tom. I too am more interested in cache hunting than md'ing for isolated finds. I have recovered in the southern part of Chihuahua (copper canyon) but haven't investigated Baja.. looking fwd to the journey even if it turns up nothing but dirt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread