OK, You found a dead body in the woods.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: OK, You found a dead body in the woods.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3979 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Exclamation OK, You found a dead body in the woods.

Ok, you find a dead body in the woods or underwater while diving. Would you remove jewelry and wallet? If you call the police as you should, you can't do it from a cell phone or home phone, so how would you notify them? Would it bother you to just leave him or her where they croaked?
    Back-of-the-boat likes this.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County Tower City
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    36336 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I really wanna go for the Laugh here but someone will take me serious but if it happens , I hope it's either super fresh, Or super old otherwise the Smell would not make me want to return with the police.

which length there may help me decide too.
    Sandman, Dave44, Frankn and 1 others like this.

us
    Ryan

Feb 2014
    Michigan
    Garrett AT Pro Fisher F2 Garrett Pro Pointer
    51 times
    Metal Detecting
    i would leave the body to go back and get someone, or keep diving then go get someone.

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3181 times
    I'm kind of blown away that this question was even asked. A body ? really ? That is someone's son, daughter, parent, etc. I would call the police and report it. I'm still in shock that you list one of the choices as robbing the corpse... I'll be even more shocked if someone says that's what they would do. However nothing much surprises me anymore.
    Live Free or Die

us
    Eyes Open, Ears Up..BEEEEP!

Jun 2013
    Stony Point, NY
    Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
    1568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Ok, you find a dead body in the woods or underwater while diving. Would you remove jewelry and wallet? If you call the police as you should, you can't do it from a cell phone or home phone, so how would you notify them? Would it bother you to just leave him or her where they croaked?
    If I found a body on land and it was past the putrefaction stage or a skeleton and its stacked with gold, strip baby strip, nobody is looking for them at that stage. If its fresh, bloated or starting to decompose. I would cover my tracks (a_ _) and call the cops from a pay phone. We have a lot of jumpers leaping off the bridges around here, maybe one day, I will run across a "Floater".
    Sandman and dieselram94 like this.

us
    Eyes Open, Ears Up..BEEEEP!

Jun 2013
    Stony Point, NY
    Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
    1568 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MuckyBottles View Post
    If I found a body on land and it was past the putrefaction stage or a skeleton and its stacked with gold, strip baby strip, nobody is looking for them at that stage. If its fresh, bloated or starting to decompose. I would cover my tracks (a_ _) and call the cops from a pay phone. We have a lot of jumpers leaping off the bridges around here, maybe one day, I will run across a "Floater".
    * Hopefully, I will never run across that. I have seen way to many "Bloated Fish Faces" in my life, I'd rather not see or smell another.

I'd take him home and sign him up on the T-net.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County Tower City
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    36336 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Name:  aa (18).gif
Views: 1618
Size:  50.0 KB

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4748 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Sandman,What type of jewelry did you get and how much was in the wallet?

us
    Aug 2012
    Motherload
    258 times
    You can do like Jeramiah Johnson did and pry his frozen fingers off the Hawkin rifle and take it then leave him in place.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2919 times
    I would never, ever, ever touch a body or anything associated with it. It is evidence and shouldn't be tampered with. If this was a homicide, you will end up giving statements to the police or even testifying in court concerning how the body was found and your actions after you found it.

The only thing to do if you can't make a phone call at the site is to mark your location and then go to your car or the closest place you can get to to make the 911 call.
    Last edited by SusanMN; Mar 03, 2014 at 03:40 PM.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    Feb 2008
    SE Missouri
    garage sale oldie
    863 times
    TH'ing, fishing, reading, cooking
    I found a man I thought was asleep, drunk, or sick. I stopped, had my daughter stay in the car, & I went to him. He was not breathing, so I started cpr. after exhausting myself, I went to my house & called 911. they sent medics & police. He had been out for a walk (on docs orders) & had a heart attack in the driveway of my neighbors property.(Way out in the middle of nowhere. There was nothing to be done, even before I found him he was dead, but I had to try. The words "what would you do" mean nothing unless you are put in that situation. Then it becomes a reality, the "body" becomes a brother, father, son, husband, etc. & you become, hopefully, an honest, caring, human that will do the right thing.
    dancing in the fire!

us
    VERDE

Jun 2013
    Louisiana
    AT Pro
    708 times
    Hey Sandman!! Down here in the South, the jewelry and wallet would already be gone!! He He!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!
    Sandman likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    16773 times
    That is one of my fears, the ring Or jewelry I find detecting is on a body, which I'm not touching!

IF however I'm in the middle of recovering a target when I spot the body, that has nothing to do with the body I will recover the target and then call PD.

At that point I only hope Murphy's law doesn't descend on me in full force, and I end up being arrested for possessing Weapons (digging tools) & questioned for the demise. I can just see me and the M6 in hand cuffs in the back of a patrol car! Detecting time...null & void!
    SusanMN likes this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2919 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep View Post
    That is one of my fears, the ring Or jewelry I find detecting is on a body, which I'm not touching! IF however I'm in the middle of recovering a target when I spot the body, that has nothing to do with the body I will recover the target and then call PD. At that point I only hope Murphy's law doesn't descend on me in full force, and I end up being arrested for possessing Weapons (digging tools) & questioned for the demise. I can just see me and the M6 in hand cuffs in the back of a patrol car! Detecting time...null & void!
    just to make you more paranoid, MsBeepBeep, how do you really ever know that the target you are digging isn't associated with the body you just found. Maybe they struggled, and the Rolex you just dug 15 feet away from the body, went flying......
    Frankn and Msbeepbeep like this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links