some days youre the bug & somedays youre the windshield

dlvasil

Jan 10, 2007
ravenna, ohio
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
some days you're the bug & somedays you're the windshield

Earlier I posted "why do I bother". I got alot of replies telling me to hang in there and to alter my strategy a bit. I took everybody's advise and hit the play ground on day one and it yielded 1912,1937,1939-s pennies. I left a fair amount of signals behind due to frozen ground. My finds may not be as stellar as others but, a milestone for me personally.
The next day in about 20 minutes time I pulled out a white/gold engraved ring from a public swimming area. I was absolutely on top of the world.
Then on the way home I played my customary Saturday lotto numbers. since I always seem to miss the number by one, i decided to play the number preceding my pick and the number following also. Well, to make a long story short, I mistakenly filled out the scan card inncorrectly but as luck would have it I hit twice on the same number...$500.00! I split 50/50 with my wife.(hush money) Now I am contemplating on which pinpointer to buy or a digital camera to post pics of the stuff I find. I wish everyday was filled with these dilemmas :)
David
Ravenna, Ohio

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Re: some days you're the bug & somedays you're the windshield

Every detectorist feels like "Why bother" a lot of times. But we decide to go one more time, and if we find one pulltab and nothing else....we still say I'll go ONE MORE TIME !!!!
The thrill of a a single penny drowns out those 50 pulltabs you just dug ;D ;D well maybe not.... :P

Congrats on sticking with it......it does feel good when you pull those goodies out of the ground.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

sometimes the detector gods shine on you and sometimes they dont! anyone who says luck doesnt have anything to do with detecting is lying to ya! congrats on your finds and your new found good fortune!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Congratulations on your "windshield day!"

Just think what's gonna happen when the ground thaws!

good news fer shure - gives me hope, too :D

HH
Nan

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

Ahhhh, the beginnings of addiction, such a rare and precious time........

You get that first older coin, and from there on in the obsession just grows, until it blossoms into a beautiful flower. Congrats on the coins, as you dig more you'll find more. It's a pretty simple equation.

lionhrt9

Dec 10, 2005
NW Indiana, there's silver in dem grounds!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab (Xterra50) and Garrett (Ace 250)<-Gone to dad in Montana

Congrats ;)

Pinpointer I use the white 160mm and abuse the heck outta that thing! Good unit.

I have been told that the vibra probe is the cat's aZZ.

Good luck.

OP
OP
dlvasil

dlvasil

Jan 10, 2007
ravenna, ohio
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250

I opted for the camera upgrade as it will help me in my research. I picked up a decent set of headphones with a volume control as well. Now it's back to work on Monday >:(
david
ravenna, oh

Attachments

• 3-11-07 ring 011.jpg
    3-11-07 ring 011.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 364

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting