Your Favorite Metal Detecting Book(s)

djnelson2292

Feb 20, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious what you all's favorite books are regarding metal detecting. I'm going to see what you guys like. So far I have "The Urban Treasure Hunter" and "The Red Book, 67th Edition" (not exactly about metal detecting, but very cool). I really enjoy reading and metal detecting so at least when I can't get out there and hit some areas I can read about it :laughing7:.

Thanks!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Still have this after twenty years this guy is a legend

rtreert.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You really didn't say if you were talking about methods, or locations so I will mention the best location book SET I have. It covers the USA in 10 volumes. THE UNITED STATES TREASURE ATLAS by: Thomas P. Terry. It covers his life's research that he documented in his ladder years. It shows cache sites and ghost towns. There is a map for each state that has the locations marked. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had gotten the entire set , I just have my area.
I have numerous books, by several different authors, like; Karl Von Muller- Th'ers Manual #7, Glenn Carson- any of his books, Garrett- how to booklets, TP Terry, Warren, United States Treasure atlas, America's Hidden Treasures. I like all my books. I need to get more!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anything by KVM, Glen Carson, Clive Clinick, and then a bunch of local history books.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have several metal detecting books.....Detectorist by Robert Sickler, Coinshooting, How and Where to do it. H Glen Carson, and the books by Charles Garrett.. Successful Coin Hunting are some of my favs.

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first thought was "these kinds of books exist?" - I guess I should start looking around!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Many dealers supply these books at their shops. Another fav is The Poor Mans Treasure Hunter by Frank Carter and Bob Trevillian..

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first thought was "these kinds of books exist?" - I guess I should start looking around!

Most dealers carry books on the subject...Another fav is The Poor Mans Treasure Hunter by Frank Carter and Bob Trevillan.

Gerry M

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2014
Victoria, BC, Canada
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1220-X
Garrett Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got "Coin Hunting In Depth" by Dick Stout at Amazon.

I have a number of books on Coin Hunting and this one just became my favourite!

:hello2:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have noticed that a lot of the new material is not new, but merely 'COPY CAT' material that's why I like to get older material that hasn't been 'FILTERED'. Some of my books are old. I was surprised that no one mentioned Thomas Penfield. I have a couple of his books, like Lost Treasure Trails written in 1954. Hay, that was the book that started me off. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions