DIGGERS show - Newport RI episode

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hollywood has to hype shows to make their money. Just wait till they start throwing half clad women in, then love affairs and murder, and when all else fails they bring out the big guns- aliens / ET phone home. If the show makes it that far. The hobby requires patience, persistence, & research, not glitz, fast track hype.
If spring were here we could all go play outside!

Hey if they start throwing half clad women, or even three quarters clad women mixed with a few murders let me know so I can tune in:laughing7: Oh...they can skip the love affairs, or anything else with the word "love" for that matter:tongue3:

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Quit watching these type shows after I saw Savage Find an old coin stash in a old Auto part under a concrete wall that they used heavy equipment to punch through. OOOOOK!

Is this diggers?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this diggers?

No that wasn't Diggers, that was something else. I forget the Name. it had a rastler pretending to find very Valuable treasures every Week & Yelling Boom Baby :( Possibly "American Digger" ? till the Magazine he wrote for Disowned them, then became "savage Family"

they used to use Heavy Equipment & Dynamite :(

Probably scared alot of Landowners against detectorists :(

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggers and Dig Fellas should do a show together seeing which team can out detect the other. Rick Savage could be the referee.

I like Diggers and Dig Fellas. I even liked "Swamp Hunters" which was like the
3 Stooges metal detecting. Funny & Obviously making a Joke of boom Baby

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I am a fan of Diggers and Dig Fellas, there was another show which had 3 teams of two, it might have been called Dig Wars it was a fun show like Swamp Hunters was. As far a Boom Baby goes, Rick Savage is the ash tray of the Treasure Hunting community, he is the butt of everybodys jokes.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff I am a fan of Diggers and Dig Fellas, there was another show which had 3 teams of two, it might have been called Dig Wars it was a fun show like Swamp Hunters was. As far a Boom Baby goes, Rick Savage is the ash tray of the Treasure Hunting community, he is the butt of everybodys jokes.

Yes I forgot about "Dig Wars" also enjoyable :thumbsup:

savage was the worst thing to happen to our hobby, I hope his show was Canceled.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if they start throwing half clad women, or even three quarters clad women mixed with a few murders let me know so I can tune in:laughing7: Oh...they can skip the love affairs, or anything else with the word "love" for that matter:tongue3:

Somebody else will have to let you know, I don't watch it, but I'm sure when and if they start throwing half clad women in the guys will be tuned in! Lol!
Bottle caps-. Looks like the double poster got you too! Jeff Gordon & I have had some double posting woes.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digwars was the only one I could watch without cringing or changing the channel. I think savage got cancelled last year. They made a big deal about filming for next season, but I never heard of any new episodes coming out last year.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Somebody else will have to let you know, I don't watch it, but I'm sure when and if they start throwing half clad women in the guys will be tuned in! Lol!
Bottle caps-. Looks like the double poster got you too! Jeff Gordon & I have had some double posting woes.

Well I won't know because I won't watch it. Ya I have a heck of a time with the double posting, seems to happen all the time to me, maybe that just means what I write deserves to be read twice! Trust me when I say this, even GUYS sometimes get a little sick of half naked women on every tv show, gives the girls these days a complex thinking they need to have a waist 4 inches around, plus if watching t.v. with a date or something WE get chewed out for what's on t.v..........alright I'm off topic, considering the topic is diggers I don't think anyone will mind.

F75PAHUNTER

Mar 10, 2014
Hanover Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 LTD, Deus Xp, tecknetics gamma, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show dosn't do the sport any justice. After asking permission to hunt a property and finding something what do you think the landowner would do to see you rolling around on the ground and jumping all over the place,, maby call the cops thinking your nuts.. The shows made to hype people up, maby the kids like it but personally I DON"T

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch every show as they bring a lot to the hobby as it raises awareness. Yes crazy but if the show is being renewed it must be making money. They also bring a great deal of history to light. Understand that it is a show and change the channel if it is not up to your liking.

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch every show as they bring a lot to the hobby as it raises awareness. Yes, crazy, but if the show is being renewed it must be making money. They also bring a great deal of history to light. Understand that it is a show and change the channel if it is not up to your liking.

May 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too live in rhode island cant wait to go find hunny holes and nectar sectors full of treasure
Maybe ill run into those two idiots kg and ringmaster

And beat them with my coil for putting all there stupid words in my head

Oh the voices the voices

KG goes nuts over double gilt flat button - pop up says -" these buttons are very rare "
What! - maybe where they are from - Ive found hundreds in old fields and cellar holes around New England
I guess treble gilt - is extremely rare

then they said that colonial coins are very rare on another pop up - maybe for those 2
but for New Englanders - Ive had very few farm field hunts where I didnt get one - granted
most are smooth or in rough shape - they brought barrels of KG coppers over here and kegs and kegs of spanish silver

was used in colonial America - who does their research ?

Silver_Seeker

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2016
Warwick, RI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I'm late to the dance here but I just watched my first episode of Diggers.

It just so happened to be the episode from Newport, RI and being a Rhode Islander this caught my attention really fast.

Maybe I'm a spoiled New England detectorist but King George coppers are found on literally every farm that predates 1850 around here. They're relatively speaking, common. Anybody who has been detecting seriously for more than a year or so had dug these. Same thing goes for guilted buttons, they're not exactly wheat pennies but they're not like gold coins either. Again, anybody who has been hunting for a while has dug them.

In short, this show sucks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread