North Georgia Treasure

oldman4949

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 69 years old and have some health problems that do not allow me to treasure hunt. I know the location of a large hoard of gold and silver coins that are buried 4 to 6 feet deep. I need someone with the right equipment and time to search for it . I can get you within 20 feet of it. You must get permission from property owner and bear all expenses. Contact me at [email protected] and I will call you

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting Does this have anything to do with the LEDBETTER HOARD

S

stefen

I'll trade 49% interest in the Golden Gate Bridge for an equal partnership...:laughing7:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

20 feet, how can you be so sure?

Here's how he can be "so sure" : Because any treasure legend or 20th-hand rumor is ALWAYS "iron clad" for-certain. Every last one of those fun stories of stage-coach robbery lores, lost mines, etc.... that appeared in 1970's treasure magazines must certainly be true. Throw in a few pix of faded newspaper clippings, and an artist depiction of a miner posed next to his burro, then it REALLY must be true.

The human mind wants so hard to believe in treasure leads/stories, "lest we be left out".

And notice they're always 4 to 6 ft. deep. And if you go there, and don't find it, well guess what? It's not that the treasure isn't there, it's that it must be 10 ft. deep (hence needing deeper detection equipment). And if you go 10 ft. deep, and it's not there? Well then guess what? It's not that the treasure isn't there, it simply must be 20 ft. deep ! :tongue3:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20 feet ? time to break out the track hoe ! :occasion14:

OP
OP
O

oldman4949

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 feet ? time to break out the track hoe ! :occasion14:
My Father took me to the site before he died. He showed me some large rocks and a trench dug by the union soilders.This was 50 years ago. I believe I could find them again. the place is about 20 feet from the trench and was buried in the bottom of a hole that was dug for a grave. The story is too long to tell here. I went back twice but was not allowed on the property by the land owner.I believe the treasure was there at one time. Someone else may have got it by now. I know it is a slim chance that we would find anything. The last time i was there the land owner was 60 years old or so and he was very rude. that has been 20 years ago. Maby we have a different land owner by now. I am not trying to get anything out of this except part of what we might find.If no one is interested i understand but i have nothing to gain if it is not there.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
My Father took me to the site before he died. He showed me some large rocks and a trench dug by the union soilders.This was 50 years ago. I believe I could find them again. the place is about 20 feet from the trench and was buried in the bottom of a hole that was dug for a grave. The story is too long to tell here. I went back twice but was not allowed on the property by the land owner.I believe the treasure was there at one time. Someone else may have got it by now. I know it is a slim chance that we would find anything. The last time i was there the land owner was 60 years old or so and he was very rude. that has been 20 years ago. Maby we have a different land owner by now. I am not trying to get anything out of this except part of what we might find.If no one is interested i understand but i have nothing to gain if it is not there.

This does look a little odd, with only two post to the board!?

Tell ya what.. I've hunted gold and minerals all across North Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee for about 50 years.

So.. if you're from North Georgia tell me what town you live at, or near... let's see if you are really up and up after I ask questions only a local will know!

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Citiboy.. I've already found that one!:occasion14:

What area of North Georgia are ya from?
Just off the CEMENT POND in Forsyth Cty ------- But I waste much of my time on Shermans Line of March From TN to Atlanta and out the I 16 route to the sea Also a lot of expansion on Highway 20 has given up some Great items Check your PMS

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Just off the CEMENT POND in Forsyth Cty ------- But I waste much of my time on Shermans Line of March From TN to Atlanta and out the I 16 route to the sea Also a lot of expansion on Highway 20 has given up some Great items Check your PMS

Yeah.. just about give up on all the Georgia Hoards.

But, I sure would like to find that cave around Fort Mountain that has the Cherokee large gold bars!

Oh well.. all the treasure isn't below ground at Fort Mountain!

Sunrise at Fort Mountain, Georgia..

314311_286402978053320_1090152638_n.jpg

297716_286402891386662_1502767121_n.jpg

313696_286403111386640_633670812_n.jpg

OP
OP
O

oldman4949

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont believe it does but i have never heard of the Ledbetter Hoard

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI OLDMAN Please remove your specific address from your post ! This is an open forum and people who aren't members can also read your post DO yourself a favor edit out the specific address If you don't know how Message me I will tell you how Not safe posting your home address

OP
OP
O

oldman4949

Tenderfoot
Dec 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you that was a mistake i was trying to send a private message is it gone now

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Went through New Hope last year, was doing some gold prospecting near the old Whitepath Gold mine... if the "New Hope" is the one in Gilmer County? There is another in Paulding County.. haven't been over there except just passing through. Citiboy.. you need to check this out.. you being his next door neighbor! If you need help let me know! -Wayne

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Number --- What he mentioned about Canton is the real hunting ground , The DOT has been clearing out older homes all along highway 20 for the road expansion A REAL LUCKY hunter could find lots of neat stuff on these properties, before and after the demolition. Since 20 was a major road back in the days and actually in Forsyth was expanded once and Reversed , Also the Ball ground area is huge Cherokee Land , Infact one of the relocation camps Fort Buffington was directly on Highway 20 - --------- Also the rivers that run from Dahlonega south pass through Cherokee County , There is an old gold mine directly on the Cherokee / Forsyth line on the river.

I am a firm believer that this hobby's proper breakdown of time is 90% research - 10 % swinging , most look at it the other way

There is a lot around here without having to go to Gilmer I have been Chasing Uncle Billy's route for 7 years That's my main interest

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread