So... Please tell me Why does a metal detector cost $2499 again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey el padre, I have a great idea, buy a 3030, send it to me, I'll use it for 6 months, then send it back to you with 600 bucks, if I think its worth the money, then I'll sell my wife to the pirates, and get my own 3030 lol.

Mike
if life could only be so simple....

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
el padron, a little off subject here but your signature line mentions invasion of Mexico. Is the point of that as a way of saying it is really part of Mexico? Can you please explain?

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
el padron, a little off subject here but your signature line mentions invasion of Mexico. Is the point of that as a way of saying it is really part of Mexico? Can you please explain?

Sure but once this goes political ..... Of course it's part of the US. Here the land added to the US after the treaty of Guadalupe resulted from the "Mexican American War" ........ Everywhere else on earth it's the "1847 Uniited States of America invasion of Mexico." There wasn't much "war" at all, just a very brief defensive attempt on The United States of Mexico's part ( Estados Unidos Mexicanos) . It's pretty self explanatory

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sure but once this goes political ..... Of course it's part of the US. Here the land added to the US after the treaty of Guadalupe resulted from the "Mexican American War" ........ Everywhere else on earth it's the "1847 Uniited States of America invasion of Mexico." There wasn't much "war" at all, just a very brief defensive attempt on The United States of Mexico's part ( Estados Unidos Mexicanos) . It's pretty self explanatory
It struck me as odd because of all the stuff going on in the southwest with lots of people screaming the land was stolen and should be part of mexico...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I tell you what, find this and you can buy any detector you want. Frank...

Boca TP-1  500.jpg
Boca TP-2 500.jpg
Boca map 500 -2 copy.jpg

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I tell you what, find this and you can buy any detector you want. Frank...

View attachment 983836
View attachment 983837
View attachment 983838
Frank,
I can buy any kind of detector that I am aware of right now... I'm an American born real estate broker with beautiful homes in both countries. Thx though.... That whole graphic is beautiful. I'd like to wallpaper my office with it. You gotta wonder about treasure maps that look professionally printed, LOL. The Chihuaha badlands are a far cry from the lower California Baja Coast.....

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Frank,
I can buy any kind of detector that I am aware of right now... I'm an American born real estate broker with beautiful homes in both countries. Thx though.... That whole graphic is beautiful. I'd like to wallpaper my office with it. You gotta wonder about treasure maps that look professionally printed, LOL. The Chihuaha badlands are a far cry from the lower California Baja Coast.....

The thing about treasure maps is you never know, unless you go there. Most treasure stories have far less than a map. Only been down as far as Columbus NM. Always wanted to go to the Pink Store in Las Palomas, maybe some day. I would love to spend a couple of weeks looking for this one myself. Frank...
y silver bars.jpg

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe its already been said Greed and r&d and those teks that think them up get a huge payroll every week for their services. I've been detecting 45 yrs and it seems a 169$-320$ detector head is a little out of reason. jmho rwd mo

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I can understand that.
Good example of less is more, awhile back on the steam store, a game maker was not making very much money off their new game, which was released at 60 bucks OK. Think if I remember right they only had sold several thousand copies.
Then somebody that thinks like I do said, hrm what if for a weekend we put it on sale for 10 bucks ?
Tell you what happened, they sold over a million copies.
The point and moral of this is, you don't have to gouge folks eyes out with profit margins to get ahead, several thousand 60 dollar bills versus a million 10 dollar bills, you do the math.
I don't know the sales figures for a 3030 @2500$, but I bet if they sold it for say a grand, they would quadruple their sales.
Now to get all the rest of the shareholders/ceo's in the world to see that...Less IS more!.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand that.
Good example of less is more, awhile back on the steam store, a game maker was not making very much money off their new game, which was released at 60 bucks OK. Think if I remember right they only had sold several thousand copies.
Then somebody that thinks like I do said, hrm what if for a weekend we put it on sale for 10 bucks ?
Tell you what happened, they sold over a million copies.
The point and moral of this is, you don't have to gouge folks eyes out with profit margins to get ahead, several thousand 60 dollar bills versus a million 10 dollar bills, you do the math.
I don't know the sales figures for a 3030 @2500$, but I bet if they sold it for say a grand, they would quadruple their sales.
Now to get all the rest of the shareholders/ceo's in the world to see that...Less IS more!.

Mike

Problem is they are selling lots of them so there is no incentive to drop price..

Kellyco has sold 33 so far this month and that was only to 4/21...

If they only sell 35, that is $87,500 just from one dealer 1 month...

If I am selling a product as fast as I can sell it I would have no desire to drop the price, in fact I would be more tempted to raise the price...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you can't see what I was saying, that's OK, or is it.
Its easy to say that when you can afford to say it, but I know of a dozen folks that would buy one at a 1000$ bucks, as a business man, would you rather have that extra 12k or none at all from that group.
I'm sure there is still plenty of profit in it at one grand.

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you can't see what I was saying, that's OK, or is it.
Its easy to say that when you can afford to say it, but I know of a dozen folks that would buy one at a 1000$ bucks, as a business man, would you rather have that extra 12k or none at all from that group.
I'm sure there is still plenty of profit in it at one grand.

Mike

Mike I understand what your saying, what I'm saying is there is no incentive for Minelab to sell them for 60% off. They are selling them like hot cakes at $2500.

Kellyco would have to sell 75 a month to equal what they make selling 35....

Detectors are a specialized market, it isn't like TVs or video games..

Using your logic why isn't Ferrari or Mercedes selling their cars at 60% off....

By the way I can't afford to buy one either....Yet..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If they sold many more at $1000 they would soon flood he market and sales would drop sharply. As TH said detectors are a serialized marked...

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The metal detector industry is at a critical cross roads right now. Demand has never been higher and with that demand comes the scrutiny of those few individuals in every crowd that have the fore site to separate themselves from the others and speak out when they are getting sc***ed

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The metal detector industry is at a critical cross roads right now. Demand has never been higher and with that demand comes the scrutiny of those few individuals in every crowd that have the fore site to separate themselves from the others and speak out when they are getting sc***ed
I just don't see it as getting screwed. Just think of the profit margins on replacement ink cartridges for your printer...

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just don't see it as getting screwed. Just think of the profit margins on replacement ink cartridges for your printer...
True....that is another racket, but the price of those printers sure dropped...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True....that is another racket, but the price of those printers sure dropped...

Totally different market.......... Are people being screwed because Ferrari's sell for $300k, no that is their market price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions