CZ3D vs AT Pro: Not surprizing to me at all..

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You misquoted my implication Lookingdown. I didn't quote Garret, all I did was to imply what the Garrett site indicated. Quotes have these little things on either side of the sentence (""), mine didn't. The English language is the most complete, the most inclusive language on the planet because it comes from all other languages. I know, I speak five of them, and I have a proven, tested MA in English, so I think I have my bases covered. If, as you "quoted" me saying something (I merely wrote) was a quote, that would have been a good argument for you, but that's not what I did, that's what you quoted me as quoting, a totally different situation. However, although metal manufacturers such as Whites and their claims about being able to (see what's in the ground before you dig it up) is, in truth, not exactly truth, neither would be a claim from Garrett about the AT Pro's capabilities on (all) salt beaches. Beaches with high black sand compositions are really rough on the single freq AT Pro. . All metal detector manufacturers fudge a little on their claims, and we all know it. But where the rubber REALLY meets the road about this discussion is; I personally will tell you that regardless of (any) of its settings "the AT Pro sucks on my salt/black sand beaches here and in most other high minerization soil around here too, compared to cz's, but not all cz's", and that (is) a quote. If I brought only two detectors with me to the ocean here and one was an AT Pro, and the other was a cz3d or a cz5, or a cz70, cz20, cz 21, the AT Pro wouldn't even get a chance to get itself turned on because of all the black sand here, and the magnetite and hematite would ruin its day too. I would have no reason to waste my time with it when good beach hunting is waiting for me and my more productive and more successful CZ down on the beach, and especially if I only have 3 hours to hunt there. In Texas or Florida the black sand and other minerals and other Fe's are much less common, so the ATP can deal with it, but that's a totally different subject of discussion. Always remember folks, that a quote is not a quote until it has these little things on either side of it " ", otherwise it is just writing and has multiple interpretation possibilities for its intentions or inferences.. NOTE: I've had other people misquote me too, as they gave also done to other people, but sometimes things just happen, even if done unintentionally. Thanks for helping me explain that a bit better Lookingdown for the other readers on here. Peace :icon_thumleft:
Your a little confused...I only quoted what you said about the AT pro...I was merely pointing out that you did NOT quote Garrett...maybe your too smart for your own good...I mean really, bragging about how smart you are and how many languages you speak, come on man...oh, and I believe the CZ3D is a deeper machine than the AT...I think your upset because people saw a lot of flaws in your test and pointed them out and then you took it out on me. Peace. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
In air tests, cz20 with 8" concentric is noticeably deeper than atpro with 11dd. Both machines zero scrim and max sense. If the cz is put in autotune (all metal) it really gives the pro 11 a fat lip. lookindown try it, you have both too but dont bother testing if you have the big ten on the cz.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
czs have low recovery speed and iron gives them hell. I prefer atpro in trash filled parks, its faster and the audio stability on iron is much better.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In air tests, cz20 with 8" concentric is noticeably deeper than atpro with 11dd. Both machines zero scrim and max sense. If the cz is put in autotune (all metal) it really gives the pro 11 a fat lip. lookindown try it, you have both too but dont bother testing if you have the big ten on the cz.
Ive got the big ten on my CZ21 and Ive tested them against each other quite a bit.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
czs have low recovery speed and iron gives them hell. I prefer atpro in trash filled parks, its faster and the audio stability on iron is much better.

Here's a good vid of the 3Ds "low recovery speed"

Iron doesn't really "give them hell". It might give the user hell if he/she doesn't know the tips and tricks for how to check for iron targets . This was a concern of mine before I bought one. But after talking with ppl that use em and learning how to check for iron, it's a non issue. However that said, I would still prefer the ATP in heavy iron.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a good vid of the 3Ds "low recovery speed" Iron doesn't really "give them hell". It might give the user hell if he/she doesn't know the tips and tricks for how to check for iron targets . This was a concern of mine before I bought one. But after talking with ppl that use em and learning how to check for iron, it's a non issue. However that said, I would still prefer the ATP in heavy iron.
I thought recovery speed was how fast the detector could pick up a second target after picking up the first. :dontknow:

Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That is a myth Gleaner...It is obvious you never tried a CZ or if you did, never spent much time with it....I can easily tell a deep iron target from a coin with my CZ5...Sweeping the unit too quickly will result in depth lose as well so a moderate sweep is best for maximum depth.

Last edited:

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one and thinks theirs doesn't stink. Anyone can do any test to prove what they have already convinced themselves of. Knowing your machine is much more important that brand. I saw a Bounty Hunter test that beat all others. And in the right hands it might. You just got my opinion, and it doesn't stink.

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Pro/gold not for salt water. in regards to the video I believe both machines found the target. It was nice to see the CZ in action. Thanks for sharing. I'm tuned into my Garrett and feel very confident in the machine and my ability to use it. I love my gold. Cheers!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
around here a seen those muti infrequence detectors user dig hot rocks
go figure
bb it's not broad band
it's bigger boulder
our focks around here are from the Cambridge erea

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I am comparing to a cz20 which is a cz5. Atpro is superior in iron trash over a cz20 I think. A cz is okay in trash at very low sense setting. But cz is not nearly as fast as atpro. By miles. I prefer atpro in trash, and cz for deep stuff in clean areas. My cz with 8" concentric is considerably deeper than atpro but cannot isolate trash and it pops bad on iron in high sense, and its sloooow. If you keep the sense on cz to about three, its a good machine in the trash, but not nearly as fast as atpro. You will not want to search a trashy park with a cz set at max sense. It will not work. But atpro can handle really trashy iron with sense set to 8, no prob. The most important thing for me is that atpro is a million times faster than my old 20 (which I have been using very rigorously for over twenty seasons). I will never give up my cz but I might dump my pro for a 19 soon.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
How do we know? He didn't raise the At Pro up off the ground at all. I think it would of least been an even match, considering the conditions.
Yes i wondered about that also .. It was not a even test but what ones are .

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys are funny! Look, I'm a big proponent of the ATP. I love it. I stick up for it against the hordes of haters but there is NO WAY it's as deep as the 3D. You may want it to be, but it just isn't. Instead of speculating and hoping, you could buy one and find out for yourselves. Everyone should have a CZ anyway.
You are right there i do not think i ever had a Garrett that had great depth.. And i have had 5 different models..

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
My cz20 loves a fast sweep speed. A fast sweep speed does NOT mean it has fast recovery. If you ever get a target that wants to go high pitch but tends to stay medium, its iffy, try shorter faster swipes over the target. If it starts to pop higher, its a deep crusty copper. I've done it a million times. Believe me, the sweep speed sweet spot on the cz's is in the fast lane. Try it in air tests. And man, those cz's are frikin deeeep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread