Dolphins laws of old western mines and caverns

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cool....I liked the last part.....LOL

Dolphin's Laws of Old Western Mines and Caverns

LAW I: "Inaccessible caverns fill with gold automatically with the passage of time. The greater the lapse of time and the more inaccessible the cavern, the larger the amount of gold."

LAW II:
"The total value of loot in an inaccessible treasure horde will increase by at least thirty percent with each re-telling of the original legend---regardless of inflation or the current world price of gold."
LAW III: "The best ore is always to be found in flooded, abandoned old mines. The last miners to work in the mine are always willing to swear on a stack of Bibles that they stumbled onto a great lode of gold on the very same day the mine superintendent ordered the mine to be closed."
LAW IV: "If you wait long enough, an inaccessible treasure cavern will generate an iron door over its concealed entrance and the gold will supplement itself with rusting Spanish armor, the bones of numerous Indian slaves, and a solid gold (or crystal) statue* of the Virgin Mary."
Note: *In other parts of the world a solid gold statute of Buddha will do nicely.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=gypsyheart date=Cool....I liked the last part.....LOL

Dolphin's Laws of Old Western Mines and Caverns

LAW I: "Inaccessible caverns fill with gold automatically with the passage of time. The greater the lapse of time and the more inaccessible the cavern, the larger the amount of gold."

Agreed in general, unless the geology has water and limestone combined with a Geothermal contact zone with Gold . I personally know of just such an area that does/did have free gold. The finder is now rich by Mexican standards. No, it is not mine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LAW II:
"The total value of loot in an inaccessible treasure horde will increase by at least thirty percent with each re-telling of the original legend---regardless of inflation or the current world price of gold."
Agreed heheheh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LAW III: "The best ore is always to be found in flooded, abandoned old mines. The last miners to work in the mine are always willing to swear on a stack of Bibles that they stumbled onto a great lode of gold on the very same day the mine superintendent ordered the mine to be closed."
Surprisingly enough one of my mines was / is exactly like this. The Mexican miner that was working for them went back after they stopped production. Due to low prices, they lost the mine due to non payment of taxes. He commenced mining the new section illegally for great profit. He and another were fighting for legal possesion when the matter went stagnant due to gov't red tape and time., I then legally acquired the property. it is very very rich.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LAW IV: "If you wait long enough, an inaccessible treasure cavern will generate an iron door over its concealed entrance and the gold will supplement itself with rusting Spanish armor, the bones of numerous Indian slaves, and a solid gold (or crystal) statue* of the Virgin Mary."
Note: *In other parts of the world a solid gold statute of Buddha will do nicely.
Again, curiously enough, at "X" one of the workings IS closed with a metal door, not iron, that was too scarce and expensive then. I have seen it and will open it up in May or June. No Spanish armor so far sniff, but yes, slave bones have been found.

So , despite the tongue in cheek bit of humor, these things do happen at times, having experienced it first hand I know hehehe but I agree in the intended context of Dolphin Law, use your brains and common sense on any story.

Don Jose de La Mancha Tropical Tramp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread