dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said earlier in a post I just bought myself a brand new Garrett AT Pro and I was wondering where do you set the iron discrimination right now mine is on 00 I was wondering if I should change it to like 20 or 30 is there like a set standard that most people use and with that allow me to still be able to pick up the Rings gold things like that jewelry and also there are artifacts in my area there were many wars fought here during the Civil War in Mexican war also

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your best bet is to make a test garden of different size iron and see what happens

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dusty Find an old square nail and..... run the disc.up till the nail brakes up a little/or is gone... and that will help with the small iron targets....the bigger iron relics will still be there ...and the gold and pull tabs, bottle caps and such.
Liftloop
Glad to see your still posting haven`t seen you in a while...i all ways enjoy your posts.
Gary

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks G.A.P.metals
I went thru so many pass words to get here
I give up then try again

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I said earlier in a post I just bought myself a brand new Garrett AT Pro and I was wondering where do you set the iron discrimination right now mine is on 00 I was wondering if I should change it to like 20 or 30 is there like a set standard that most people use and with that allow me to still be able to pick up the Rings gold things like that jewelry and also there are artifacts in my area there were many wars fought here during the Civil War in Mexican war also
You will get a million answers to this one ! My answer in a word : Experiment

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread