Travel Case

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with that detector it should not make a different it's all terrain..a small suit case would work or a duffel bag

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once tried a PELICAN case, and cut the foam to suit - but it seemed "overkill"

now I simply break it down and wrap in clothing in my normal checked bag.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought my at pro they came with a backpack, I fit the loop, box and headphones for that and my minelab in it, I carry the shafts and scoops in my checked bag. ( I am not sure how the folks at the airport would deal with scoops)

davemcc

Sep 11, 2009
Brandon, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CZ-3D, CZ-5
My old detector was a Fisher CZ-3d and looks similar to the ATP in size and the way it breaks down. With my CZ, because it was small enough to fit in a carry-on sized bag, I chose to keep it with me and not leave it to the mercy of baggage handlers ( again because it was really not big enough to warrant a travel case -overkill as BVI Hunter put it ). I had one of those small, light weight, $60 5" travel scoop that came as well. I broke it all down, wrapped a dishtowel around the control box to prevent scratches, put that inside the 5" scoop for protection, and then fit all the poles and other supplies around the bigger pieces. I kept the batteries out of the box, but kept them in the bag in case the TSA people wanted to see it turned on.

To my surprise I never received any grief from the TSA people and I carried it this way for all my trips up until last year when I got a new detector.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you plan to travel by flight on ANY airline, let them know you are "checking" a metal detector. If you have the extra loot for additional baggage, encase your detector in a hard case normally used for golf clubs. Plenty of space for detector and gear.
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions