whites dfx detectors opinion still a very good machine your opinion is ?

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a DFX for 10 years now and I am very happy with it. I can not compare it to others because it is the only one I ever used, except for a 20 buck Mustang cheapie I bought in the middle 70's as a kid. I still use the stock coil on the DFX, I figured if it ever wore out, I would get a better coil. My only DFX complaint is I can not get near Amtrack power lines or those real high power lines, it goes off like crazy.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DFX is still a good unit. The newer models just tell the same story a different way.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A DFX with a good selection of coils and an experienced user is still a very good combination IMHO.
luvsdux

V3 SNIPER

May 2, 2007
toronto
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer 2 pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi I only use minelabs now I have had whites XLT DFX and V3 I I found the whites units to be good but I found them very unstable especially if somebody entered my area with cell phones couldn't hunt black gravel, with my lab metal detectors I'm having no problems even an SE pros and excellent machine really good depth.... Bruce

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I swung a DFX for two years before I switched to brand X.

Knowing now what I didn't know then, I could kick myself.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a DFX, and the learning curve is a little steep for an old coot from the days of crank telephones. I use it, but I find myself going back to my familiar MXT. I bought the DFX because you can go from dry to wet beach sand with no problem, and the MXT don't do wet salt beaches.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll also ad that the coils on the DFX and MXT are interchangeable between machines, so I have a choice of three different coils depending on what and where.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used my DFX for several years and the only other detector i would consider is the XP Deus. Since I can't justify the cost of that unit I will stick with the DFX. Besides, it is not the machine that really matters, it is how you learn and use it. My brother hunted with a White's 4900 for many years and would regularly out perform people using newer detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread