Having fun just planning a hunt!

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife sure does too!! On both I mean...the planning and her F-2 with all 3 coils. She loves it and I'm sure you will too.

OP
OP
H

Husker64

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Southeast NE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate your reply, it really is like "real" hunting of deer etc. getting permission to hunt and trying to guess where would you find the best rewards. What made me start to plan is remembering a school playground that was expanded about 20 yrs ago. They tore down three houses to accommodate the expansion and I can remember roughly where these
Houses stood. Pretty hard packed soil I'd imagine but the doc did say I need to work out more....LOL

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your new F2!!!!! Planning the next hunt through research is part of the fun. Been planning a hunt myself.... the next spot is an abandoned stretch of road that led to a very tiny town with a post office that was active from 1850-1892. A much newer paved road now crosses through what used to be the center of town, but a small part of that ghost town is wooded and still worth hunting. Neither the old road nor the town appear on the 1899 plat map

OP
OP
H

Husker64

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Southeast NE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That sounds like an awesome area you have staked out. Best of luck/planning to you!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your new F2!
This may seem questionable, but my best outings and finds have usually not been planned or heavily researched? To date, my favorite sites have been located by conversation. Don't get me wrong, I purchase old maps/books, spend hours at library, scan Google Earth etc. Happy Hunting!
Peace

OP
OP
H

Husker64

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Southeast NE.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like there really is no right way, though now that you mention it my best vacations were some that took a turn away from all the planning and just winged it! Thanks for the reply bud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread