ACE 350 detection

starwatcher

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using my ACE 350 for several months. I am pleased with the results, but have one issue.

When I am in the coin mode, I often pick up iron, e.g., small nuts and bolts. I tried notching out all but the three upper bars (should detect silver only) and still pick up iron. I have tried to lower the sensitivity, to no avail. When I do air testing everything works as it's supposed to, but in soil -- no good.

Any suggestions?

Starwatcher

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You give to much credit to the ability of a detector to positively separate types of targets. None can! Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found that happen to me... both times I re-searched the hole and found wheats right there...don't give up on your instinct, dig every target, the discrimination of coin mode has been awesome on my 350.. good luck!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
All detectors pick up iron every once in a while as a good signal... There is little that can be done...

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, my 350 does the same thing. I just dig everything! ;)

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here , even with the thick layer of frost it was ringing up on the high silver end , just to find a chunk of rusty metal ...lol... Conditions and Sounds , Silver has a high pitch solid ping...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread