Chinese boat detects pulse signai

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I belong to a garage forum where we quite often discuss various tool brands and sellers. We prefer to refer to that particular store as "Horrible Fright".. Thanks for understanding.. What is completely disturbing though to an old retired car guy like me is that the majority of Sears Craftsman tools now are coming from China as well. "The tools America trusts" is nothing but a cruel joke anymore. It's no wonder that Sears is reportedly closing 200+ stores this year. Every time I walk into the local Sears regardless of the time of day, week day or weekend, there are a bunch of employees milling around trying to look busy and nearly NO customers in the store. Stick a fork in it. Sears is done. The messed up part is that Harbor Freight makes no qualms about the fact that they sell cheap Chinese tools and the local store is always loaded with people. Sears is pushing Chinese crap but didn't adjust the prices accordingly.

Last edited:

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sears.jpg

OP
OP
wainzoid

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I belong to a garage forum where we quite often discuss various tool brands and sellers. We prefer to refer to that particular store as "Horrible Fright".. Thanks for understanding.. What is completely disturbing though to an old retired car guy like me is that the majority of Sears Craftsman tools now are coming from China as well. "The tools America trusts" is nothing but a cruel joke anymore. It's no wonder that Sears is reportedly closing 200+ stores this year. Every time I walk into the local Sears regardless of the time of day, week day or weekend, there are a bunch of employees milling around trying to look busy and nearly NO customers in the store. Stick a fork in it. Sears is done. The messed up part is that Harbor Freight makes no qualms about the fact that they sell cheap Chinese tools and the local store is always loaded with people. Sears is pushing Chinese crap but didn't adjust the prices accordingly.

Bandit
I've been in building and remodeling for close to 40 yrs. If I was looking to hire any new help, all I would need to do is look at their tools. What they use tells alot about them. Im sure that indicator is not 100%, but I bet its 99%.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Well since your thread has taken a hard left anyway here's my thought on tools. I can only speak for hand tools of the automotive type which is what I'm experienced with. I have also owned my own shop as well as managed an auto salvage yard and been service manager of a used car dealership so not only have tools of my own but also did my share of hiring of new people. Harbor Freight, Lowes "Kobalt" brand, Walmart's "Husky" brand, etc is fine stuff for the weekend warrior who fixes his own lawnmower or assembles the new swing set he bought for the kids. It's all good enough for that. Next was always Craftsman. A good middle of the road better quality tool for guys more serious about their hobby. Last are the guys like me. Snap On, MAC, Matco, Cornwell. Tool truck brands, made in USA, expensive as hell, but made to last a lifetime. Why ? Because I use them every single day to make my living. Down time having to go to a store and replace broken stuff costs me money. Having it happen in the middle of a job can be a disaster. Now guys will argue that the tool trucks only come once a week so replacement takes even longer. True but... their stuff rarely breaks so it's a non-issue. A Snap On 15mm ratcheting box wrench will set you back $35. for ONE wrench. For that price you can go to Harbor Freight, buy a complete set of metric ratcheting wrenches and get lunch on the way home with the change. But.. My grand kids will be using that Snap On wrench long after I'm gone. With that said how is the search for the missing plane going ?

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to get my weekend warrior tools from the flea market or yard sales, but it's getting harder to find there too.
China just about owns us.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Does hazet exist in the US? That is what I use, paired with Beta....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread