Bluedogcards

Jan 12, 2013
El Reno Ok
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,,,

Well been out for last two day hit a park for about 45 mins yesterday and nothing but junk, pull tab , pieces of cans, nothing really good, today gone though a sand volleyball pit the city put up about 6 years ago, found a penny. and some more junk. Even with this happening i can see how people can just give up, I will not ( but would be nice to find something ) i know i will not find a hoard of coins, but i will always go out and try, See being disabled this hobby gets me out of the house, even though i only get an hour or two before hurting to the point i go home. I will not give up. I need this for my soul and to stay happy. So for those of us that want to quit keep your head high. Remember we all can't be he guys on Diggers that find all kinds of cool stuff. Just be the person thats goes out and has fun....

I wanted to out this out here cause i know it is easy to quit something that does not have lots of returns. so stay positive find the gold and enjoy yourselves

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never give up.jpg

That's the spirit mate!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend try going to a school tot-lot,you will probably find some junk,but your also gonna find some coins:thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are right, no giving up, anyone. It requires patience, and persistence. One of these days when you lest expect it, THERE'S THE GOLD!
Since your detecting time is limited (I only have Sunday mornings) choose places that will be more productive, tot lots.
Watch where people gather and what they do. People have found rings on sports fields. You need to find more productive spots to spend time in.
Plus we all go thru dry spells.

Last edited:

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry spells are just the periods before the storm. The Yin and Yang of the hobby. Tons of diggin then a flash of down pouring glory :)

Don't know how others do it but I save the tot lots and playground for last. Makes a days frustration go away to nab some goodies. hehh

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Tot lots equal hair pins and junk jewelry, with a few clad coins around here. Try and find a swimming beach, and research where people used to go. Also if you have friends in older homes ask if you can detect. In that case, learn to use a probe so the lawn isn't damaged when you recover your find.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how you feel.
I go through a ( Why do I waste My Time ) period every now and again.
Like Sunday at a park 40+ pull tabs , can slaw & other junk , I decided to dig only Strong or Deep signals
so many of the pull tabs were over 6+ inches deep in Compact Soil.
I did find $2 in change tho.
As was said , when you least expect it "Boom " ; So always dig carefully.
I enjoy being outdoors as well , esp, in the woods.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions