Best way to get permission from land owners?

Shawks18

Apr 5, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been detecting for a couple months now. I live in fort worth, tx and there are a lot of older houses around the area with a lot of land. I want to hunt some of these houses real bad!!!! I was just wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions for me? Should i just ring the doorbell and ask? how should i present the situation? Thank you for looking and HH!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Great question and something that has been discussed many times. Here are just a few of the threads...

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Just ring the bell, and ask politely.

Tell them you will pick up ALL the trash while detecting, and leave no trace.

Be sure to emphasize that you will pick up ALL the trash- because this, along with everything else in the world is, "how do I benefit from this?"

Also ask if they ever lost anything special on the property you should keep an eye out for.

Bloodline

Feb 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking.

You know how people love to scratch off lottery tickets to win a chance at something hidden?

Why not start some type of business where you go to homes/businesses and metal detect, BUT only place a marker on each location signal. Then when finished tell the owners they can go find their own treasures? You dig nothing, but place markers or you do both. How you would price such a thing I don't know, but I do know people love to find whats hidden- don't you?

Sounds like a novel idea ...just think about it.

OP
OP
S

Shawks18

Apr 5, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ring the bell, and ask politely.

Tell them you will pick up ALL the trash while detecting, and leave no trace.

Be sure to emphasize that you will pick up ALL the trash- because this, along with everything else in the world is, "how do I benefit from this?"

Also ask if they ever lost anything special on the property you should keep an eye out for.

Thanks GIB, im going to start ringing some doorbells next week. Been scoping a couple old houses that look promising! Lets hope for the best! Thank you for the advice and HH to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread