Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make a similar point as the OP occasionally, its not a popular thing to do here.
Good stuff is found all the time, I even know that the very best finds are not posted here at all.
"Its the 7 silvers and 3 walking liberties found in 1 hour with my AT pro" posts.- the ones you see over and over every single day that I sincerely doubt actually occur.

Whew!!.. Well Im glad to know ya'll aint talking about me...The Most silvers I have ever found in a day was 3....Now of course they were all 10oz Silver Rounds :laughing7:

garrett_metal_detector_at_pro_logo.jpg

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have on occasion posted my less then Bragable :tongue3: days finds simply to show the truth.
Last 2 days hunts though I didn't.

Sunday was mainly trash a couple dimes, a 44 wheat & 5 or 6 Memorials.

I didn't post.

yesterday was 7 clad Quarters & a dime , but it went into the rest of my change with no post.

Now if they were all Silver Quarters I would have posted.

It all depends on my energy level after & when I find silver my energy level is guaranteed :laughing7:
Yup...first times out (3 total) ever MDing just recently with my new 'el cheapo'...found coins, pop & beer caps, old square headed nails, even an old culvert ( buried in the 20's)...nothing 'to write home about'...yet! :)

OP
OP
mattysee

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have no proof......this aint no CSI episode! i was just replying to the 30 comments i received on my post

OP
OP
mattysee

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have a pic of "we the people" so i assume you believe in freedom of speech...... all you moderators seem to to is boss members around with your gestapo rules and regs......... am i not free to make a general comment on this site?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you have a pic of "we the people" so i assume you believe in freedom of speech...... all you moderators seem to to is boss members around with your gestapo rules and regs......... am i not free to make a general comment on this site?

Wise Choice....Bash the MODS on here..Are you typically an Angry person? You seem to do nothing but start shiii

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huh ? Yes you are Free to make a General Comment on this site :icon_thumleft:

in fact you made a few so far.. including :laughing7:

some peoples finds on here are just down right unbelievable, over and over. two words for you.......planters peanuts!

i have no proof......this aint no CSI episode! i was just replying to the 30 comments i received on my post

:laughing7:

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad I'm not a mod! Thanks guys for at least attempting to keep the sanity around these parts. I suppose finding good stuff all boils down to where you live. If you live in the pucker brush out west I reckon you won't find the number of gold rings found on a Florida tourist beach. But I bet I find more empty brass and bullets than you do back there on that beach.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We have Terms Of Service and rules you and every member here agrees to when a post is made...

Your original post was posted in "Today's Finds" forum which is strictly for todays finds and was an attack on members finds posted there.

From our TOS..

" Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denigration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. "

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
There are a lot of amazing finds on here. There are also a lot of not so amazing finds. If you took all of the finds posted on Todays Finds, Best Finds, Best of TNet, and even the individual "Select Your Area" forums (where I usually post)...my personal guess is that the VAST MAJORITY are as real as they get. I've only had a few posts that I doubted and I've spent a good amount of time looking on here over the past decade. I did chuckle when I read the other comment about the "7 silvers, 3 walkers in an hour with my AT Pro."

The reason that I laugh is because I did have something similar happen to me once.

I was hunting in a woods at a (undisclosed location) and found 6 Silver Coins in 10 minutes or less. They were only about 3" deep and all in a 3' x 3' area. Don't know if this always applies, but coins in the woods seem to be closer to the surface than coins in grassy areas. Those coins were 2 Walking Liberty Halves, a Washington Quarter, and 3 Roosevelt Dimes...all from the 1940's. The GTI 1500 I was using at the time, before my Minelab Explorer upgrade...just wouldn't stop ringing.

Now, I've only found around 120 Silver Coins total over 10 years (2004-2013). A few years I didn't get out much, but that an average of only 12 Silver Coins a year...And I found half that average (6)...in only 10 minutes. That is amazing. How come that cannot happen with much greater frequency?

So, I guess sometimes we just get lucky.

There are MANY factors that go into making good finds.

Some include:

Research, research, and then more research. What matters most is that its GOOD research.
Location. The older area/state you live in...the longer people have been there to lose stuff.
Swing low and swing slow.

I also look at research like this...the harder a location is for me to find, by research or path of travel...the more likely that OTHERS have not been there. If others haven't been there, there is then a better chance I may find something good.

DH24

OP
OP
mattysee

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no not angry, im down in the dumps so i figured i take it out on tnet...........i think the mods have plenty of puppy dogs already, keep it up someday you will wear the badge

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no not angry, im down in the dumps so i figured i take it out on tnet...........i think the mods have plenty of puppy dogs already, keep it up someday you will wear the badge

down in the dumps ? :o

I hope it's nothing serious..

cheer up & dig some bottles out of there buddy, Life is short !

OP
OP
mattysee

mattysee

Jul 9, 2011
albany ny
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice! lol sometimes i forget how serious some can get on here, turn up the humor and turn down the sensitivity......i retire from this post

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man you guys are up tight.. Its all about having a good time!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen please end the insults....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go lay down most def your too damn sensitive.....and not ignorant just dumb

lol...so you're not ignorant...Just dumb?...Well , Im glad we came to an Agreement :occasion14:

Happy Hunting! Congrats on your Future Finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread