Legend & Simplex +
"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...."
dr-evil.jpg

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
some peoples finds on here are just down right unbelievable, over and over. two words for you.......planters peanuts!

You may be right, but you may be wrong, we'll probably never know.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right or wrong it doesn't matter. The nicer the find someone shares the more excited I am to get back out there and try again. I've never found anything "good" myself but heres hoping that will change.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see a handful of colonial hunters with the same results I had as an active hunter. A few decades ago when I was single and in my twenties I hunted everyday possible. That meant weekends, nights and vacations. It was nothing to find dozens of colonial buttons and relics in a single hunt. Multiple cut Spanish pieces in a single day with my hunting buddies. We could find scores of 17th and 18th century coins in a single month. A seasons colonial silver coin finds could easily be 2 or 3 dozen. Many more of those sites are still out there its just a matter of finding the time to investigate and secure permission. I think this post is based more on sour grapes than reality.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally research for months to find the sites that I hunt. Sorry if you do not believe what others find - this is all based on trust. Those of us who have been around can easily spot those who pad their posts (not necessarily on this forum) and those who truly find what they find. Spend less time trying to be negative and more researching and hunting and you might find that you have more to post than just words.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older the site , the less modern day trash except for shotgun head stamps and iron , nails etc. , psssst don't tell anybody ,,,

less time wasted digging junk

more time = more finds :read2:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mattysee Today finds area is for people who find thing. You post is for general discussion. You have been moved. Yes there are good hunters. Location location location helps.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
On the other side of the coin(no pun intended)no matter how many barrels of apples you have and no matter how good they may look,you'll always find a few bad apples in one.Reality can suck no matter which way you see it,slice it or dice it.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a handful of colonial hunters with the same results I had as an active hunter. A few decades ago when I was single and in my twenties I hunted everyday possible. That meant weekends, nights and vacations. It was nothing to find dozens of colonial buttons and relics in a single hunt. Multiple cut Spanish pieces in a single day with my hunting buddies. We could find scores of 17th and 18th century coins in a single month. A seasons colonial silver coin finds could easily be 2 or 3 dozen. Many more of those sites are still out there its just a matter of finding the time to investigate and secure permission. I think this post is based more on sour grapes than reality.

yep, was the same for us. Out all the time, a new old site almost every hunt, and a ton to post by the end of the week. I had early military buttons coming out my ears and it seemed like almost everywhere I'd swing I'd dig one. But times change, we don't dig anywhere near as much as we did, and good sites are a hell of a lot harder to find. I was not a member here for my best days, but certainly don't question any of the early finds I see posted. The fake posts on here have usually been new people posting worn - cheap - obviously non dug coins, and they just didn't know enough to realize that many of us are not fooled. I very highly doubt anyone is buying early finds and then posting them as their own. To me this isn't much of an issue because I won't spend my day deciding if an 1897 indian head looks too good to have been dug.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being new to this hobby i could not tell when somebody post a find if they are lying or not.Don't care.As beez0404 said it just motivates me to go out and make my own good finds.And you saying you are not a hater reminds me of something my grandfather used to say those that yell the loudest that they are not usually are.You have a good day.HH

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like peanuts! And walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds....now I'm hungry! Pass those snickers!
It's all about location, if your coil's not over it you won't find it!

Here's a location story, with out a detector, years back we were swimming at a lake, a guy says he lost his heavy gold chain with a medallion on it, we all start diving around looking for it. My daughter says "mom there's a gold chain down here stuck in the mud!"
I told her "pull it out and haul it up." I was pretty sure it wasn't his because it was really stuck in the mud, meaning it had been there a while and it wasn't heavy & no medallion. She showed him the chain, he said that wasn't it and he now thinks he left his home. So daughter scored a gold chain by being in the right place at the right time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also can not attack members finds, if you have proof to present to mods to prove something is fake send it to a mod...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like peanuts! And walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds....now I'm hungry! Pass those snickers!
It's all about location, if your coil's not over it you won't find it!

Here's a location story, with out a detector, years back we were swimming at a lake, a guy says he lost his heavy gold chain with a medallion on it, we all start diving around looking for it. My daughter says "mom there's a gold chain down here stuck in the mud!"
I told her "pull it out and haul it up." I was pretty sure it wasn't his because it was really stuck in the mud, meaning it had been there a while and it wasn't heavy & no medallion. She showed him the chain, he said that wasn't it and he now thinks he left his home. So daughter scored a gold chain by being in the right place at the right time.

And thats how shiii really happens...Nothing as impressive as a gold necklace...But a couple weeks back i was digging and dug a wheat penny, and when i dug it out, i thought..wow this must be an Indian Head....well it wasn't .....not 5 minutes later I dug an Indian head.

I know that isn't a HUGE deal...but Ive only dug maybe 3 or 4 IH pennies out of 100+ Silver coins....So me finding IH is very rare.

But i have had on many occasion...where i would talk about something, or think about something...and BAM!...I find it

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thats how shiii really happens...Nothing as impressive as a gold necklace...But a couple weeks back i was digging and dug a wheat penny, and when i dug it out, i thought..wow this must be an Indian Head....well it wasn't .....not 5 minutes later I dug an Indian head. I know that isn't a HUGE deal...but Ive only dug maybe 3 or 4 IH pennies out of 100+ Silver coins....So me finding IH is very rare. But i have had on many occasion...where i would talk about something, or think about something...and BAM!...I find it
ill give you my Indians for you silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread