Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
What ever happened to monty avatar1096_1.gif.png he has not made a post for a year now?

Last edited:

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I saw a post a few weeks ago maybe was older post from him.

Maybe radiation poisioning from the nuclear power plant he owns?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
You mean Monty in NJ ? He just made some posts on treasure depot main metal detecting section.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no Monty is not from N.J.
he is from the N.W. from My calculations

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty .. Was retired and from the state of Oklahoma………….I know he seemed to have a lot of health problems the last years he would talk about..

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes,, I hope he is alright,, He was always a decent fellow. I miss his posts.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Monty was a retired policeman from Sand Springs, OK. He is missed. He used to have a forum called
"Ask Monty". You would ask a question and he would give a hilarious answer.

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robert Montgomery "Monty" Shinn Jr.

By Staff Reports posted 2 weeks ago April 5th, 2014

Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Robert Montgomery “Monty” Shinn Jr. died April 3, 2014 at his home in Sand Springs, OK. He was born June 5, 1953 in Little Rock Arkansas. He married Kendra Rebman on March 8, 1986 and she survives along with son, Kandin and daughter, Devin. Also surviving: brother, Rick Shinn; sister-in-law, Veronica; nephew, Matthew; niece, Kristin. Monty grew up in Tulsa, graduated from Nathan Hale High School and Oklahoma State University with a degree in Advertisement. He was a self-employed remodeling contractor; RMS Remodeling, for 32 years. Many of Monty’s clients became close personal friends. His care and attention to detail were his trademark and can be seen in every job he touched. Whether Monty was remodeling a home or building a deck he treated every job as if it were his own. He loved playing golf, racing cars, attending live music festivals, and OSU games. He loved watching movies with his family and eating his wife’s homemade fudge. The family extends gratitude to St John Hospice for their care. Service will be 10:30 am, Monday, April 7th, at South Minster Presbyterian Church,

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Robert Montgomery "Monty" Shinn Jr.

By Staff Reports posted 2 weeks ago April 5th, 2014

Print
Create a hardcopy of this page
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Robert Montgomery “Monty” Shinn Jr. died April 3, 2014 at his home in Sand Springs, OK. He was born June 5, 1953 in Little Rock Arkansas. He married Kendra Rebman on March 8, 1986 and she survives along with son, Kandin and daughter, Devin. Also surviving: brother, Rick Shinn; sister-in-law, Veronica; nephew, Matthew; niece, Kristin. Monty grew up in Tulsa, graduated from Nathan Hale High School and Oklahoma State University with a degree in Advertisement. He was a self-employed remodeling contractor; RMS Remodeling, for 32 years. Many of Monty’s clients became close personal friends. His care and attention to detail were his trademark and can be seen in every job he touched. Whether Monty was remodeling a home or building a deck he treated every job as if it were his own. He loved playing golf, racing cars, attending live music festivals, and OSU games. He loved watching movies with his family and eating his wife’s homemade fudge. The family extends gratitude to St John Hospice for their care. Service will be 10:30 am, Monday, April 7th, at South Minster Presbyterian Church,
No this is not the same Monty the monty here on Tnet was from the same area but he was a retired cop and born in ..1944..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's probably too busy fighting those nasty grey squirrels that were constantly getting into his house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread