Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than access to the political thread, what does charter membership get you? I tried to look but didn't see anything but live chats. Do charter members see more than non charter members do?

I too have this question.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members wanted a place they could discuss politics with out fear of thread being deleted or earning time outs... I talked to admins and we were able to work out a compromise...

Now members can make a political post and it will stay.... There is no complaining to admins about what is posted, if someone doesn't like a thread they either just ignore the thread or talk about it.

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Lots of drama, friction, conflict & confrontation,.........Will there be free popcorn? :laughing7:

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Political-power-grows-out-of__quotes-by-Mao-Tse-tung-65.png ......and with this forum nothing but.......... s1200_CB_1_20new_20a.jpg ......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than access to the political thread, what does charter membership get you? I tried to look but didn't see anything but live chats. Do charter members see more than non charter members do?

Primary feature is the ability to offer items for sale or trade, post ebay sales and ebay store.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess now I will have to become a Charter Member. I would have before, but kept getting the 'no posts' or something similar after reading page 5 of 10 when going through the new posts. After several posts about it and no answers, I decided that it might not be worth the hassle of trying to come up with that much money. I know that missing a page or two of 'new posts' isn't all that important; but, it just kinda wrankled me that I couldn't get anybody to come up with a decent answer. (After these statements, there may be no one that wants me to join!) lol I'm in the same boat with Red and a couple of the others. I'm at the end of my funds until the next Soc. Sec. check gets to my mailbox. But, yes, I am almost certain that this will make it worth while to join. I have read several threads that I was interested in that got locked because it got a little political. The last one, a couple of days ago, really made me scratch my bald head and wonder if it was that political. It was the one about the .22LR bullets being worth more than gold or something. Can we get such as this thread on here? Not only this one, but several others that were locked because of politics that I was following. Or is this going to be just for political sparring? If it's not just for the politics, then, yes, I want in! I'll being joining after the 3rd of May!!!

Last edited:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Where is this political forum?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is located in the Charter Member forum so you have to be CM to get to it ..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Admins decided they didn't want gun threads here because they turned political. So all gun threads were locked if started by non CM since it wouldn't be fair to move a thread started by someone to where they couldn't get to it or see it...

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok! Enough! I'm gonna join! NOW! I've got to see just what this is all about. Going to 'Charter Member' now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes all threads politically related are allowed. ...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Members wanted a place they could discuss politics with out fear of thread being deleted or earning time outs... I talked to admins and we were able to work out a compromise...

Now members can make a political post and it will stay.... There is no complaining to admins about what is posted, if someone doesn't like a thread they either just ignore the thread or talk about it.
----------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------- ---------------------------
Sounds good, but why put a price tag on free speech? Frank... cm.png
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn mods don't make the rules, we just enforce them. It is where admins wanted it. I personally would have preferred it was outside CM...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Frankn mods don't make the rules, we just enforce them. It is where admins wanted it. I personally would have preferred it was outside CM...
Looks like it was a money decision, not a matter of ethics since anyone can get a CM. You could have applied exactly the same rules to an open thread without the pay to play theme. Consider this, other forms are hiding caches for there members and furnishing clues. Doesn't cost to find them either. What does that tell you about the owners here? Hay, that was just a question! Frank...
111-1 profileblk.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was so people didn't stumble in and complain. They took out the password.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Members wanted a political forum back so they could discuss issues important to them without threads or posts being deleted or fear of temp bans and hopefully this would make it easier to keep politics out of the other forums.

This was the best deal i could work out to start with the admins.

If it was just a money issue they could have moved 2nd forum to CM 4 months ago....

Maybe it will change down the road, who knows.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It was so people didn't stumble in and complain. They took out the password.....

TH, I do not mean to reflect on you personally. I realise you don't like some of the stuff you have to abide by in your position.
I also believe the cry babies seek out threads they don't like in order to have them removed. They can't stand another presenting the other side. I just see this as a tax on my free speech. Of course that is my opinion, but I believe it is shared by a few others. Frank...
111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F. I am by no means taking it personal my friend, I am just being honest. Owners were adamant about it being in CM, who knows maybe that can change down the road...

I'm just glad they agreed this way at least to start with... For months it was no way period....It was a pleasure working FFarl to get it this far.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions