secret room???? enter but beware???

flashyace

Sep 26, 2013
southern Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
So my wife and I bought this house about 5 years ago. I have found many items that have been hidden or just forgot about. Before we bought this house they had a auction here and I thought they would have found everything but to my luck they didnt. Recently out in the shed I found a 1920's louisville slugger. I got $250 for that, not bad for something hidden in a wall.
Anyway back to the secret room, or maybe not, here it is...... My house has brick foundation with a full basement that is half laundry/work space and the other is finished, as you enter the work space there is a closet and when you open the closet there is 5 shelves but behind the 5 shelves there is another door, when you knock on the door it sounds like there is another room. When you are in the front yard and you hit the ground with something fairly heavy it sounds somewhat hollow.

SO THE QUESTIONS IS----- TO ENTER OR NOT TO ENTER

has anybody ever come across something like this????

Input would greatly be appreciated!!!!!

Tardisian

Tenderfoot
Mar 28, 2014
I would have been in there as soon as I found it. I would not be able to resist temptation.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Enter the room, don't be skeered. :icon_thumleft: When was the house built? Might be a bomb/ fallout shelter from the atomic paranoia in the 50's

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Think about this,if you dont enter it there may just be another way out via tunnel.If there is,somebody could be living in your house without you knowing it.Its happened before.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I found a secret room in my home THE LAST THING I WOULD Be DOING IS WASTING TIME ASKING ON T-NET If I should enter I was have been in it as soon as I got a flashlight

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go in but, if you smell a dead body or see body parts RUNNOFT!!

PullTabProphet

Mar 17, 2014
West FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably an old cellar for their preserved items etc. There may be a thousand mason jars in there from the late 1800's...filled with silver & gold coins! :thumbsup:

GET IN THERE NOW!!! :tongue3:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well you asked a few hours ago if you are still sitting there looking at your computer you are not a true treasurer hunter. Get off your butt and find out what is in there.....If you don't want to send me your address and I will be there this weekend. As I am only in Ohio

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course you enter. Someone I knew owned a house near the river bluffs. They had known for years that part of the basement floor was wood, they assumed some kind of repair, until it started to rot out. When they pulled it off, there were stairs going down to a series of underground rooms. Turns out they had the entrance to a prohibition speakeasy and maybe brothel right in their basement. They didn't find any treasures but an incredible discovery none the less.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Probably an old cellar for their preserved items etc. There may be a thousand mason jars in there from the late 1800's...filled with silver & gold coins! :thumbsup:

GET IN THERE NOW!!! :tongue3:

exactly...the house i grew up in had one just like what you described...."cool dry space" i believe it is called

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post some pictures too!

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously? GET IN THERE - BUT MAKE SURE YOU VIDEO EVERY MOMENT OF IT!

RAINMAKER63

Nov 18, 2013
Brainerd MN
Detector(s) used
TEKnetics 8000 Coin Computer(no its not an Omega) and Garrett Pro Pointer, AT Pro, Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think were being punked!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the coal bin haha. They closed a lot of them off because of the dust. They dumped in the coal from outside. I assume you are in a old house?

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, but even if it WAS the coal bin - I'd still go in there! Maybe someone hid vast amounts of loot in there saying to themselves "nobody will EVER go in here 'cause they'll just think it's the coal bin!"

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If the door felt hot when I touched it, and I could hear gnashing teeth and demons hissing on the other side.....I would be typing what I found right now,,,,,,:laughing7:

L.C. Baker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread