Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's on the banner ??

Hello, :hello:

Just feeling like a lot of items that are worthy of banner are not making it. :icon_scratch: In the end are we going to resort to just having gold coins on the banner ?? :dontknow: Come on guys, lets keep a good variety of finds up there. :thumbsup: Lots of finds that should be on banner that are not... ???

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any of the current banner finds, that are not worthy, in fact there seems to be a good mix up there, just wish one of them was mine :laughing7:

SS

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit a few items I think should have made banner stopped short of getting the Required Votes. a couple , I had to personally Vote to bring it in :tongue3:
(of course I'm extra picky. WOW appeal, & rare to my Eyes & the Banner beats book rare.
what a book says is valuable is the one in mint condition sitting in a national Museum )

unfortunately people look at the Banner & if they see something up there,
They seem to think Every subsequent one must make Banner also.
and apparently feel they must be a part of the vote. :(

Like everything else in Life Originality seems to be ignored.
and if there isn't already one up there, They think it's not Worthy :(

or everything that makes it is due to campaigning, which is also Frowned upon
& when someone is Caught campaigning for votes Embarrassment seems to follow :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe-we-have-no-idea.png ......When selecting banner...Does it really matter what someone thinks of what I find....

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 981657 ......When selecting banner...Does it really matter what someone thinks of what I find....
So when I find that chest of gold that I'm always looking for but never find, would that get banner? Besides the hail storm of trouble that would befall me from it.

OP
OP
MUD(S.W.A.T)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any of the current banner finds, that are not worthy, in fact there seems to be a good mix up there, just wish one of them was mine :laughing7:

SS

I never said anything up there was not worthy... :dontknow: All the things up there, belong there..! :thumbsup: I'm just saying lots of things that should be up there are not making it..? :icon_scratch: I just want people to get a better idea what should go up there.
Not just gold coins and things with monetary (money) value. Things with Historical pasts like GW buttons, historical badges and rare police buckles from the Civil War should definitely be getting up there regardless of condition. We never had one of those that I'm aware of and should be displayed up there for sure.

Just wanted to spread some awareness, and thank jeff of pa for helping and commenting also. Empty Pockets your likely right too a lot of it is people not knowing. Its not about judging the finds, its about admiring them.

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I thought that Maryland Confederate cap insignia in the What-Is-It forum should be a banner find. I guarantee it is rarer than gold coins, because there were very few Maryland regiments in the Confederate army.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it seems everyone says banner in the open forum but then very few vote. Just saying banner is not an actual vote :dontknow:. But that being said I agree with you and what Jeff said. He does a good job on keeping it unique but in the end it's the members that vote it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions