Has man been everywhere on the planet?

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course it's not the same as exploring but that was not the question. Do they understand English in Texas?

So, by your twisted logic you think that flying over a place is being there.

I flew to Florida and passed over New Orleans so now I can say I have been there. Pffft, try again. Your thinking is flimsy and does not hold water.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think we humans have been every where. The lava tunnels that are created and are sometimes sealed off. The very sharp jagged mountainous area, cracks and crevices, under ground caverns, plus the land scape is constantly changing.
If we've been every where, we'd be paying taxes on it!

OP
OP
bookcliff

bookcliff

Jan 4, 2004
Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, by your twisted logic you think that flying over a place is being there.

I flew to Florida and passed over New Orleans so now I can say I have been there. Pffft, try again. Your thinking is flimsy and does not hold water.

No AusTexDude I do not think that flying over a place is being thee. Dude, flying and sailing are not the same thing. I am talking about the surface. Caves, underwater, under glaciers are all fine but not the intent of my original question. For a better discussion on this topic see the link in the posted comment by Empty_Pockets. Comment #18.
Nicholas

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I was 18 I found a spot where no man had ever been for sure..... Her name was Gina Mae. Where has 40 YEARS GONE???? I wonder what happened to Gina? I wonder where she is now? I didn't do a "fly over" either.... I landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 90% of the ocean floor has never been touched or observed by man.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Siberia remains a mostly unexplored and uninhabited area. It is HUGE!
It is COLD!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think man has been almost everywhere,even on the bottom of the ocean when the water was somewhere else

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was a kid, we went to Yosemite Nat'l Park. Several of us were playing in a huge pile of granite boulders, and found a sort of cave/crack in the rocks. After getting a couple of flashlights we wormed our way down and into the rocks. Way down through cracks and passages, many times on our bellies, squeezing through tight spots. I was a chubby kid, and some places I could barely squeeze through, and there were some were blind leads, but we finally got all the way to a chamber in the bottom, with no other chance of going anywhere. I remember thinking we were the first to be there, and I remember the disappointment when we found the remains of someone's picnic in that bottom chamber.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
amazingly it looks like the same pose as the iceman they found in the alps

I was thinking the same thing. Is the West Canada Glacier in the Alps? It's either the same guy or they both strike the same pose and both were shot with arrows. Frank...
skull etc 018-2.jpg

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never having been one to stick to the well traveled path, literally, I have often wondered if my steps were the first to have touched down in places.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was 18 I found a spot where no man had ever been for sure..... Her name was Gina Mae. Where has 40 YEARS GONE???? I wonder what happened to Gina? I wonder where she is now? I didn't do a "fly over" either.... I landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gina has been working as chief air-traffic controller at LaGuardia..... Something tells me yours was not the first approach that Gina granted

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005

You may have landed, but did you make it into the hanger?:laughing7:

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure Janet Reno's bedroom is a place man has never been before

The few men who have ventured into the realm of Reno trying to obtain her head to kill the Kracken have never returned.

Which inspired me to waste 8 minutes of my life making this image just now.

reno.jpg

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may have landed, but did you make it into the hanger?:laughing7:

I'll have you and everybody know that I did make it into the "hanger". Later (1.5 yrs.) I learned a life lesson of the difference between lust and love. But I have to admit it sure the hell was a fun lesson. And I have to say I escaped with no harm or foul left behind. But... guys... you would have been proud of me then... it was quite the "discovery" (8-10+). And it was downhill from there for a long time for me. I got spoiled from the get-go. So has man been everywhere....? I'll bet many have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions