Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By BC1969
  • 1 Post By jamey
  • 1 Post By Limitool
  • 1 Post By Msbeepbeep
  • 2 Post By flatbutton

Thread: Tornado

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor /Galice Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11191 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Tornado

I tune in to the weather channel to watch "Prospectors" for the first time, And all hell is breaking loose in the Midwest & South. I hope you guys are all right! Step away from the detectors and stay safe.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    7817 times
    Been saying it all winter I have, this will be the worst spring ever, at least on record.
    Give it a month.

Mike

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    11719 times
    All the seasons seem to be on steroids !

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    7817 times
    Maybe tomorrow I'll get to try out my crude tornado shelter, just a 8 foot deep hole in the ground, but in a tornado, last place you want to be is above ground.

Mike
    Msbeepbeep and Old Dude like this.

Feb 2007
    1825 times
    were are in for some storms today in middle tn called school off two hours early,wish i didnt know that some deserts were tropical rainforests at one time.
    Msbeepbeep likes this.

us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    6269 times
    Metal Detecting
    Rained like hell here for about 5-7 hours (Middle TN. Centerville). Got a break in rain and took off for beer run (5 mile drive). Driving off my ridge top it looked like a river flowing down from the runoff. Got to Hwy. 50 and headed to town. Got to bottom of ridge area and it flatten out on highway. Was going 55mph with open road ahead. About 200 yds. ahead on this flat road a semi was flashing its lights at me. I didn't see NOTHNG. Suddenly... I SEE. There was about 4-6 inches of water across road for about 30 yds. on my side of road. I had about 25-30 yds. to gear down. I braked HARD then took break off before I hit this water with my front wheel drive and the back end started to drift to the CENTER LINE while passing the semi. We never touched... but it was a matter of inches with the semi's rear tires. When I came home a few minutes later the water was almost gone.... close call...!!!!
    Msbeepbeep likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    11719 times
    Our thoughts and prayers go to those effected by the tornados.

BC1969-make sure it drains well, you don't want an instant swimming pool while sheltering from a tornado! Maybe have a snorkel on hand!
    Last edited by Msbeepbeep; Apr 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
    BC1969 likes this.

us
    Bryant

Aug 2013
    Eastern N.C.
    Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
    1126 times
    We are under the gun right now! Where I'm at, we have been lucky so far. About 45 min. away, just above us, they are getting hammered with large hail heavy rain, and multiple tornado warnings. It's def heading our way. Our thoughts and prayers for the good folks that have already been affected by this mess. Every one in the path of this crap, please stay safe!
    BC1969 and Limitool like this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links