Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tune in to the weather channel to watch "Prospectors" for the first time, And all hell is breaking loose in the Midwest & South. I hope you guys are all right! Step away from the detectors and stay safe.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the seasons seem to be on steroids !

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were are in for some storms today in middle tn called school off two hours early,wish i didnt know that some deserts were tropical rainforests at one time.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rained like hell here for about 5-7 hours (Middle TN. Centerville). Got a break in rain and took off for beer run (5 mile drive). Driving off my ridge top it looked like a river flowing down from the runoff. Got to Hwy. 50 and headed to town. Got to bottom of ridge area and it flatten out on highway. Was going 55mph with open road ahead. About 200 yds. ahead on this flat road a semi was flashing its lights at me. I didn't see NOTHNG. Suddenly... I SEE. There was about 4-6 inches of water across road for about 30 yds. on my side of road. I had about 25-30 yds. to gear down. I braked HARD then took break off before I hit this water with my front wheel drive and the back end started to drift to the CENTER LINE while passing the semi. We never touched... but it was a matter of inches with the semi's rear tires. When I came home a few minutes later the water was almost gone.... close call...!!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our thoughts and prayers go to those effected by the tornados.

BC1969-make sure it drains well, you don't want an instant swimming pool while sheltering from a tornado! Maybe have a snorkel on hand!

Last edited:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are under the gun right now! Where I'm at, we have been lucky so far. About 45 min. away, just above us, they are getting hammered with large hail heavy rain, and multiple tornado warnings. It's def heading our way. Our thoughts and prayers for the good folks that have already been affected by this mess. Every one in the path of this crap, please stay safe!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions