U.S. Treasury rant over loss of purchase of Whites V3i Metal Detector wth 3 coils!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
U.S. Treasury rant over loss of purchase of White's V3i Metal Detector wth 3 coils!

The U.S. Treasury kept me from making a great purchase on a White's V3i Metal with 3 coils for only $1,000 total.:icon_pale: Due to many circumstances including 4 heart attacks, my middle sister dying, problems getting receipts for rental of tables at a Gun Show and the Government shutdown, I was unable to get my' business accounting done in time to file my' 2012 Federal Taxes before the October 15th deadline with the Extension I had. I filed them this year and my' Return was approved for my' Refund as of April 25th. However, the U.S. Treasury apparently has a rule where they cannot send Tax Refunds for past years directly to my' Bank Account. What the frick???:icon_scratch: Due to this, I missed out on the deal above along with a Minelab Explorer II from the same person for only $200.. I received a letter from the U.S. Treasury dated May 05, 2014 (what's up with that as the letter came in on April 26, 2014), stating that I would receive my' Refund Check in the mail in 3 to 4 weeks. Man, I am so P.O.'ed that I am about to blow my' top!:angry1: It really must be hard for them to turn loose of funds that they thought they could keep! You would think that some Politician had to fork it out of his' own pocket.

Frank

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
An explorer 2 for 200 ?!? Either somebody was about to go through a divorce and wanted to hide the money or its broken lol, what a deal!
Yeah I can sympathize on the umm big bro not wanting to give back something that does not belong to them.
Start working as a teen, first check they take it out, work 25 years, become disabled, then if you are lucky after fighting for it, in 3-5 years you may start getting YOUR money back.

Mike

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
An explorer 2 for 200 ?!? Either somebody was about to go through a divorce and wanted to hide the money or its broken lol, what a deal!
Yeah I can sympathize on the umm big bro not wanting to give back something that does not belong to them.
Start working as a teen, first check they take it out, work 25 years, become disabled, then if you are lucky after fighting for it, in 3-5 years you may start getting YOUR money back.

Mike

I really don't believe the gentleman is going through a divorce or that the MD was broken. He just plainly stated that he was in a crunch and needed money right now and is selling a lot of stuff besides 4 MD's he had listed (White's Surf PI, V3i and Classic ID Metal Detectors and the Minelab Explorer II). This could be an IRS debt, possible Foreclosure on his' home or having to fight a Law Suit but who knows! From the information he gave me, the Minelab Explorer II might be the one and same MD (numbers scratched on the back of the control panel) that I sold to another gentleman about 3 to 4 years ago and was either sold or traded to this gentleman. If so, then it was one of two Minelab Explorer II's I sold and one of the three that I purchased a few years prior which had gone to Iraq to clear Land Mines and IED's. They all have lived a tough life and have the scars to show for it but all worked fine when I purchased them and the one I still have, works just like a new one. Since I still have one of the three that I purchased, I don't really need it but would definitely pay $200 for it. However, I really wanted the V3i but it appears that that will never happen but will hope against the odds! I will call the gentleman tomorrow to see if the V3i was sold and if not sold but the Ad was just pulled, I will try to arrange a deposit on the MD in the form of cash and possibly a high dollar Tag Heuer Watch (making sure to get a receipt and agreement in writing) to hold to ensure that he will hold the MD for me until my' refund comes in.

Frank

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just the way they are quick to take, slow to pay. Deep breaths, it's not worth risking your health getting this upset.
This would be "normal" for my life, I have learned to live with Murphy's law & then some!

You can ask for a second extension but they have to approve it, & so forth and so on!
And maybe BC1969 I is right maybe you dodged a bad detector! Who knows.

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I called the gentleman this morning to inquire about the White's V3i and Minelab Explorer II. He said that he sold the Exp. II yesterday and pulled the White's V3i Ad as for now, he has changed his mind about selling it. Apparently, he has gotten enough funds from the sales of the White's Surf PI and Exp. II and other items, to get him through the financial difficulty. It just burns me up at the thought that I could have purchased both the White's V3i and the Minelab Explorer II for $1,200 and possibly less by taking both at the same time, if it were not for the U.S. Treasury's rules! I asked him to contact me right away if he later decides to sell the V3i and he agreed. I also told him, that since he had sold the other metal detectors and if he eventually sells the V3i to me, that I will give him cash and also trade him a decent metal detector, so that he will be able to continue his' hobby of metal detecting.

Frank

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They let 10,000 workers go so what's up with that? Speedy svc.? HH Boris facebook_-1364001872.jpg View attachment 20130309_195520 (11).txt View attachment 20130309_195520 (12).txt

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Well folks, the U.S. Treasury workers must read posts on TNnet, because I received my' Tax Refund today. After receiving the letter from them on Saturday, April 26th but was dated May 05, 2014 stating that they can't direct deposit Tax Refunds for a past Tax year and that I would receive my' refund in the mail in 3 to 4 weeks, here it arrives today, Tuesday, April 29th. Sounds like a case of the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing or is supposed to do! In an case, although the check is here now, it is a day late and a dollar short when it comes to the White's V3i Metal Detector I could have purchased.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions