dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In between the two detectors which one do you think is the best and tell me why I'm thinking about buying one or the other I just want to hear what you all think about those two different detectors I live in Deep South Texas do not live in the mountains of Colorado or anything like that I'm thinking about buying myself a new detector and give my wife ATPro so what do you guys think thank you very much

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gainweight11.jpg ....If you have arms like this, stay with the AT Pro.....I do not own either, but reading about these two machines, I would choose the GTX 2500. The reason to own will follow with all sorts of posts....

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 987213 ....If you have arms like this, stay with the AT Pro.....I do not own either, but reading about these two machines, I would choose the GTX 2500. The reason to own will follow with all sorts of posts....

Jeez, I have arms like that and I swing a Minelab Safari, a very heavy machine!! I do switch to my AT Pro sometimes for long hunts though, and sometimes when I get tired of all the Minelab chatter in trashy areas. I think you guys mean GTI 2500?? The ATP has better sound ID in Pro mode than the GTI 2500, but my buddy with his GTI 2500 says his coin ID is the best he has ever seen. I don't see any real reason to go for an AT Gold over the AT Pro. The GTI 2500 is 12 year old technology, but still a fantastic machine, and often available used for good prices. I think going to a Minelab is a better bet than going to the GTI for the money.

micropedes1

Feb 2, 2006
The Garrett GTi 2500 that I have rivals my Goldbug on small gold. Plus, it is decent on coins if I get an itch to play in the park. It does not reach the depths of my Minelab 4500 but it is not supposed to work like the PI machine. If you go with the 2500, then be sure to get all the coils that will fit the machine. Different coils will give you much better versatility in your searches.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A GTI is a good choice for all around hunting. You may want to buy a bungie sling like Doc's Swing Thingy or the such because it is a heavy machine. The targeting capabilities are very good and identification is pretty reasonable. One of the best all around detectors I've ever owned. Currently I run a Whites and am in the mood to go back to Garret :) Might fix my 2500... its all about the money *sigh*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions