Our miners found lots of small crates from dig site

Jiax

May 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They showed us the crates/chest whatever, it looks like metal/rock/concrete combined and they told us that they can't break it without damaging what's inside. According to them they've tried a lot of stuff like drilling it or melting it with chemicals but nothing works. So I was just wondering if there's anything to be wary of, because I've never heard of Japanese locking their treasures inside small crates. Maybe they took everything inside them and they're just spouting BS like they can't open it lmfao

We found it in Philippines btw. According to the locals there, that place/mountain was used by the japanese as their stronghold or something like that. Thanks

empty_pockets

Apr 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Hit The Jack Pot......................... PandorasBoxLogo.jpg

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its locked up that tight and its war era stuff I'd be very wary of it. Otherwise use a mason saw. You may be correct that the locals are pulling your leg and have long since removed the contents. Its always fun to mess with the tourists ;) Just don't buy any wooden nickles.

OP
OP
J

Jiax

May 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its locked up that tight and its war era stuff I'd be very wary of it. Otherwise use a mason saw. You may be correct that the locals are pulling your leg and have long since removed the contents. Its always fun to mess with the tourists ;) Just don't buy any wooden nickles.

thanks for the reply. actually there's only one crate looking stone everything else looks like rocks with small metal trimmings around. gonna try to take your advice bro but it seems that they've tried on every power tools available at their disposal and now they are now looking for a chemical solution to melt the stone hmm

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd be kind of careful. Booby traps are a possibility. Also the Japanese used picric acid as an explosive agent, and if that is exposed to metal it becomes unstable over time. Just saying be careful before you go banging stuff around.

Coldshuz

May 18, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father spent a lot of time in the PI and came across a number of boxes sealed in a very hardened concrete. They found a chemical that would dissolve it and was the only way they could get though it. For the life of me, I can't remember the chemical. My father passed away their about 3 years ago, or I'd put you in touch with him.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have done masonry work in the past. A masonry saw with a diamond blade will cut just about anything. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jiax

May 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input gentlemen. Will be taking your advice.

And yea that's what I thought, diamond! Just don't know why they want to waste $25,000 worth of chemicals instead

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picric acid is a danger but I doubt they would waste such a container for it…….still I would exercise caution….
Frankn idea a diamond masonary saw is likely the best and there is not much it won't cut……
Pictures would be nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread