Sierra gold

alex141

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
-o-
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been working on recovering a large stash of gold bullion from the Sierras. I suspect there are 8 bars that have remained hidden since the 1800s.

I understand this might be too broad a question, but does anyone have any idea if there might be historical value past the simple gold weight of a find like this? Thanks Alex

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No no and no! No historical value at all! Don't do it, get it out of your head right now. Find it, melt it, use fishing weight mold to your size preference then either get a good safe or safe deposit box. Oh yea one more thing, keep your mouth shut! Gl HH mike

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hehh :) Yeah there may be a historical value and it may be one that you don't want to face if you publicly show off your find. A good recent example would be the trove of Gold Coins found by the California couple last month.
The question was raised that those coins might have been stolen. :) Another question would be how much of that find do you want to keep *if you can keep it at all*.

Aside from that if the documentation leads you to recover said gold then that in itself bears out historic value and you might enjoy the publicity but for my part I don't feel you'll enjoy the rewards.

Another example is the gold being recovered off the Carolina Coast from a sunken ship.... insurance agencies and past investors are jumping out of the wood work for it. That and the State/Federal gov all would "appreciate" your hard work on their behalf.
Luck to ya.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alex141

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
-o-
Primary Interest:
Other
Roger that. good advice.

Any issues selling those "Fishing weight sizes"?

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger that. good advice.

Any issues selling those "Fishing weight sizes"?
Nope! Scrap gold you accumulated over many years and are now selling.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
alex141, good luck on finding 8 gold bars. Not sure what size "bars" you're talking about, but even if they're just meager milky-way candy-bar sized bars, you realize .... that just for melt-value-alone, you're stinking filthy rich.

Where did you get wind of this story ? I mean, what is the reliability of the lead you're chasing ?

Because if I can save you a bit of time: Treasure lore stories are a "dime-a-dozen". If I had a dime for everyone who stopped me with a sure-fired treasure story, I'd already be rich, haha. Or if you REALLY want to have fun reading some more (which are all iron-clad mind you, ..... right), just pick up any treasure magazine from the 1960s or '70s, and they were all filled with the "lost-mines" and "stolen stage-coach loot" etc... blah blah . Fun reading.

As you can tell, I put very little stock in any of them. The human mind wants SO hard to believe (lest you be "left out"), that .... all it takes is for one camp-fire story to start, or someone to read a ghost-story book, and then ... presto, the details are all added in by the ensuing generation of "telephone game" it goes through. But no problem: Just throw in a picture of a miner posed next to his buro, a faded newspaper clipping, and then presto, it must be gospel truth! :)

OP
OP
A

alex141

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
-o-
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom: I'll try to explain. But brace yourself, what I am about to tell you is not something most people can except.

Perhaps you may have read about the work that was conducted at SRI (Stanford Research Inst.. Menlo Park, CA.) in the 1970s that was later taken over by the DoD and CIA?

Experiments and applications went on for 20 years as a top secret project mirroring what the Soviets where do at the same time. The data revealed that with training and practice a military team could perceive people, place, times and events from a distances. The Research Projects were named Grill Flame and Star Gate see link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

Fast forward 35 years. I was a member of one to the most successful teams that came out of those projects. I was personally trained by the Retired Army Major that was the training and operations officer. That was nearly 15 years ago. I have continued my work perfecting these skills and have developed several practical applications. One is identifying and locating lost treasures. This gold is a project that I worked on 14 years ago and couldn't solve until just recently.

My search for this gold was an "open search" starting with a target of: "The most significant accessible and available gold treasure - deposit in California"

I worked this project with two other trained people, so I could confirm and double check my own work.

I have no doubt that I have the correct location. The only question remains if I can successfully recover the gold. I am a former exploration geologist, so I think I have a good chance.

BTW this skill allowed me to sketch the treasure, that's how I know it is 8 bars and an assortment of other objects that might be bags of gold sand and stacks of paper money.

I know, I know.. wild story. I don't tell many people about this for obvious reasons. (people would think I'm nuts) However, I have plenty of tangible proof with other applications such as sport wagering picks. Picking the team that will win the game tonight can be very profitable.

I just found this site today and read a few entries. What I do could be very useful to other treasure hunters that might need a partner. I know, "partners are for dancing", but if T hunters are really onto a find, depending on the situation I might be a valuable help. Thanks Alex

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
remote viewing? is that what you're talking about? ed dames was some type of project leader? the radio show coast to coast talks about that sometimes.

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see where this is going

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its real, and you can find it, then you have already said way too much.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Alex141, sorry, but that's hocus pocus. ( I mean, what's next, let's use ouji boards to find treasure?) Good luck to you though. There's a special sub-forum for this stuff on t'net though:

Psychics/Mediums/Paranormal

OP
OP
A

alex141

Greenie
May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
-o-
Primary Interest:
Other
Roger that... This is exactly why I don't mention it very often..

Thanks for the exchange, short as it was. I appreciate the information.

Alex

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Alex, I have a great idea. Most people have a hard time believing that someone can just pull facts out of there head. Now is the time to prove it. You say you can pick sport events and name the outcome. How about naming a couple of outcomes in advance as proof. If you could do this, I think you could rid yourself of the doubting Thomas. Just a thought, Frank...-
111-1 profile.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Alex, I have a great idea. Most people have a hard time believing that someone can just pull facts out of there head. Now is the time to prove it. You say you can pick sport events and name the outcome. How about naming a couple of outcomes in advance as proof. If you could do this, I think you could rid yourself of the doubting Thomas. Just a thought, Frank...-

haha. But just be prepared, the psychic believer crowd folk have their come-back lines, as to why they just can't pick winning lotto #'s, etc... Let them haggle that out on the on the spooks forum. Sorry. Not here. Heck, for all we know, maybe the CAN pick sports-bets, lotto #'s, etc...? Then sure, why not gold bars? Wow :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alex141-SusanMN has a point. Even if the gov has written it off and no longer has a horse in that race, others would do a number of things to be able to get their hands on someone with those " talents". Not to mention the fact that the gov. Likes riches and has "quietly" collected a number of them before.
You tread a dangerous path my friend, extreme caution would be advised!
Lose lips sink ships...or kill you!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh kay.... huhh. Well lets tear that apart a bit shall we.

First off no one... and NO ONE buries something of value and conveniently forgets where its located. Takes an act of congress or just someone dropping dead. Fact.

Yes I have heard of and Read on the art/philosophy of Remote Location via mental ability or using *shudder* advanced dowsing methodology.... btw dowsers are real. Just not the equipment they sell to foolish individuals.

You asked about historical reconciliation for a find of gold. Does not matter how it was hidden just whether your "find" might have historical significance. So to "tear this argument apart" what exactly makes you believe that a ~~rational individual or governing body~~ would drop said gold in an "undisclosed" location *mind you this is a scientific experiment and scientists are all about the who, what, where, when and why* and "conveniently" forget all the afford mentioned questions :*questions a true scientific inquiry would address*: to say that what your looking for in Fact exists?

Its pretty simple.... if it was an experiment then yes someone does know where the gold is. Pretty precisely. And they are probably still looking at it via remote viewing.
Historical data.... well if you have and are what your say ya are... good luck. I suggest you go ninja and make it happen. This discussion is probably logged with the alphabet soup as we speak.

*sigh*

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yes I have heard of and Read on the art/philosophy of Remote Location via mental ability or using *shudder* advanced dowsing methodology.... btw dowsers are real. Just not the equipment they sell to foolish individuals.....

Its pretty simple.... if it was an experiment then yes someone does know where the gold is. Pretty precisely. And they are probably still looking at it via remote viewing.

Tell me you're not serious. You believe in this stuff ? Well that probably explains why I didn't find any silver coins at my favorite park last night: Those pesky remote viewers got a fix on it from their crystal balls, and went and dug it up beforehand. Durnit.

Seriously now, the dowsing and mystical spook stuff goes to the "mediums and paranormal" forum on T'net :

Psychics/Mediums/Paranormal

prospect007

Mar 16, 2014
western us
Detector(s) used
minelab 4000,fisher gb2,f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shouldn't ridicule some one's beliefs or perceptions, the person is just asking questions.
I suppose you know everything, about everything. open your mind you might learn something.lol

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
shouldn't ridicule some one's beliefs or perceptions, the person is just asking questions.
I suppose you know everything, about everything. open your mind you might learn something.lol

The implication being what? That: an opinion contrary to your own, therefore means the other person "has a closed mind" and "thinks he knows everything", right? Ok, but do you see how that would simply work the other way around too ? Ie.: So too could the paranormal believer's group be accused of "thinking they know all" and "having closed minds" for not being skeptical.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread